Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match - any experience?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Status match - any experience?

Hi All,

I mailed in a FF statement/card copy/etc. (QFF Silver) to BMI Diamond Club Customer Services yesterday. Before joining, I called and enquired about a status match (from QFF Silver and was told I could, following this procedure), and then called once I had my number (and they knew nothing about it until I directed them to their manager) and was told to follow this procedure once again.

Any experience on how long it will take/whether I'll have any problems?

Lastly... I've generally travelled OneWorld until now - is it worth switching to *Alliance with this card, in terms of easier status, rewards? I'm a mid-level flyer, perhaps 10 return trips per year, to Australia, US and Europe. (I have a BA Amex but no intention of putting my mileage with them since I'll never achieve status, and economy miles are rubbish).
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you fly mostly discounted economy, it does make sense to join *A as you'll be able to get status miles on cheap fares. Also, burn rates on BD are very good, especially under the Cash+Miles option.
For earning, two return trips to Australia should be enough to enable you to renew Gold, provided you steer clear of the cheapest fares on the Asian carriers and you avoid LH/OS (You will only get 50% miles on most LH/OS economy fares). Be very careful of the booking class for cheap fares on SQ and TG as the lowest booking classes are not eligible for miles.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
When I faxed them the details of my KLM gold card the status was updated in a matter of days. I received the gold card quite quickly as well, can't remember if it was more than a week.

Originally Posted by yossimills
Any experience on how long it will take/whether I'll have any problems?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Thanks guys - wonderful stuff here, as always..
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
When they matched my BA status I was told if I faxed a screenshot of my statement they'd change it there and then. Alas at that time I was not near a fax machine although it was done within a day or two ^ This was about 6months ago.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Sent by post on Thursday...

...now it's Monday and I logged on and found myself Silver.

No complaints yet - now to see what their flights/service/etc. are like.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yossimills
Sent by post on Thursday...

...now it's Monday and I logged on and found myself Silver.

No complaints yet - now to see what their flights/service/etc. are like.
Congrats. It's good to see that BMI is rather consistent (and quick) at these status matches.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:47 am

I think they have to be... they must be getting quite desperate now that they have lost all of us that have been loyal for many years! They don't have anyone with status left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.