Wiki Posts
Search

bmi e-mail addresses

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2003, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bmi e-mail addresses

Does bmi have an e-mail address for its ticketing folks? I want to add my AC number to my booking without having to waste money being put on hold... (I'm already ticked they charge £3 for credit cards on their web site, won't let a Canadian travel agency issue their seat sale fares anymore, and won't take Visa electron cards...)
Old Jan 26, 2003, 2:09 pm

The only way I can see on their website of initiating email contact with them is by filling in a form (ie they don't publish the email address) - and this is only when logged into the Diamond Club area. Other than that, the only option appears to be a refund address. I do have an email address somewhere as they replied to me filling in the form once, but I won't be near that email till the end of the week.

However - why bother? Why not just put it in at check-in / lounge? I can't see any benefits you're going to get by putting it in advance - no preferential seating or anything, and really no hope whatsoever of an op u/g (CTEASDEL really is the exception that proves the rule here!).
Old Jan 26, 2003, 2:36 pm

YOWkid - bmi reservations have a USA-based phone number. (I don't know the number, but UA gave it me once when I wanted to change a BD booking when I was in the US). Does that help?

Alternatively, email me your booking details at [email protected], and I'll ring BD for you.

BTW - last week I rang BD tech support to complain about a problem on their website, and they said not publishing email addresses was 'policy'.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I'm going to try customer.relations first and see what happens. If they pull that "We'll respond to you in 30 days not because we want to but because we have to" stint, then I may take you up on your offer small em. Thanks!

Great suggestion about the US number, but I'm in the UK, so I would just call the 0870 number...

One thing I've never understood, though, is why most UK companies won't go 0800 / 0500 but rather 0870 or the other ones... Doesn't it still cost them money for us to call them? Wouldn't that be good enough reason to post e-mail addresses online?

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:53 am

The US toll free number is 800-788-0555 if anyone needs it.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 12:00 pm

Why are you so concerned to have your number in the PNR before you arrive at the airport?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Because I never carry my card.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 2:13 pm

Ah! That makes sense! So are you ditching your AC card for the joys of easy Gold with bmi? Then you need to take it with you to get into those lounges...
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Ah! That makes sense! So are you ditching your AC card for the joys of easy Gold with bmi? Then you need to take it with you to get into those lounges...</font>
Well, apparently, tonight, bmi reservations recommended that I not switch to DC as it will only be a matter of time before *A FF program comes out. I've heard rumours but didn't think they were going to go ahead. Nonetheless, I'll call DC tomorrow to find out more; the lady was really nice and gave me the priority line. We'll see what happens; I may just stick with AC in the end. But yeah, you're right, if I do get *G then I will need to carry my card...
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
it will only be a matter of time before *A FF program comes out</font>
Well that would fit with Bond Boy's survey. I'd always assumed that they'd never get all the carriers (ie SQ) to agree to the same conditions / treatment of each other's pax. But interesting that you got it from the horse's mouth. Did she give any indication as to timescale?

I think this might merit its own thread... let us know if you get more info tomorrow!

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

She didn't give any timeframe saying that she didn't know. But yes, I will report back tomorrow... I will probably report to the AC thread as well...
Old Jan 27, 2003, 5:15 pm

Might I suggest the Star forum? And if you really want to stir, how about a "look, even if your airline is around much longer, your SWUs and FFP are out the window" in UA...

edited to add:

In fact, here's a thought. What if the whole SWU furore is part of this? If they're really going to align the FFPs of different *A partners, SWUs are going to bite the dust. bmi wouldn't be happy with them, let alone SQ. So UA needs to get rid of them. However, to just abandon them would cause even more grief than the H+ requirement has. So they convert them to something identical to a mileage upgrade. Presumably mileage upgrades will exist in a new *A FFP (UA couldn't cope without them, and SQ can always capacity control them to the point of non-existence). The acceptance of SWUs on LH would certainly support this theory. Voila! A few steps closer to integration... the most contentious of which can be explained away as a bankrupty saving.

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I guess I'll have to remove all my coordinates!
Old Jan 28, 2003, 7:44 am

Programs: LH Senator, BD Gold
In reply to YOWkid's post on 01-27-2003 03:19 AM
--------------------------------------------One thing I've never understood, though, is why most UK companies won't go 0800 / 0500 but rather 0870 or the other ones... Doesn't it still cost them money for us to call them?
--------------------------------------------

0870 numbers are UK national rate numbers and don't cost the airlines a penny. In fact, they do the opposite, and actually generate revenue for the airline (which I guess goes towards the cost of running the call centre(s)).
Old May 7, 2004, 6:10 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I searched here for an e-mail adress of Diamond Club and found this thread. Seems nobody could provide one.

I got the following adress:

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.