Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

And so the sun set on Donington Hall : sold to Norton Motorcycles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And so the sun set on Donington Hall : sold to Norton Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A C64 could do the job... @:-)
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
An abacus, anyone?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
A ZX81, actually.
Ah, we have finally got to the bottom of bmi's difficulties that led to its demise: they could no longer source the cassettes they needed to record programmes at anything remotely resembling a reasonable price.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
And here was me thinking that they couldn't find a tape recorder
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:19 pm

BMI HQ Donington Hall sold

BA sells former bmi head office to Norton Motorcycles

Donington Hall, the former head office of bmi, has been sold to Norton Motorcycles.

British Airways acquired Donington Hall and its surrounding 25 acre grounds as part of its takeover of bmi in April 2012.

Vance Williamson, head of property services at BA, said: “We are delighted to have reached agreement with Norton Motorcycles and we hope that they grow their business from their new home.

“The integration of bmi into British Airways has gone exceptionally well from an operational and customer service point of view and is already delivering extra benefits to our business."

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/new...onington-hall/

Last edited by BApilotinsider; Mar 14, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
That's good news, a fitting new owner, and done very quickly too.

I wonder what the surveyor's report said?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd like to know what the 155 properties and offices "around Europe" are. Only bmi could have left over office spaces in cities they ceased flying to.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
That's brilliant news
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
That's brilliant news
Almost a Triumph.

I hope that works well for Norton. Nice to see it being used to support another iconic British brand.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

Don't mock Triumph are still in Hinckley, so 2 iconic British bike brands in the county. Norton are only moving down the road, they're at Donington Park already.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
BMI HQ Donington Hall sold

I wonder how much the sale went through for ?

At least the hall is going to be put to good use

cs
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:10 am

I would think that the price was competitive. There's only so much you can do with a place that size that's also Grade II* listed and to be honest I wouldn't think that there's much call for such a property around here at the moment. It's a great move for Norton.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I would think that the price was competitive. There's only so much you can do with a place that size that's also Grade II* listed and to be honest I wouldn't think that there's much call for such a property around here at the moment. It's a great move for Norton.
They could convert it to a theme park and call it something like Norton Not-Disney.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quite apt....considering the previous owners were told by Lufthansa "on your bike".
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The front part of the estate is an ancient Grade II property, the back has a semi-modern office building...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.