Search

Change to a redemption flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, CX Gold
Change to a redemption flight

Hi all
Booked a redemption flight on Lufthansa using DC miles before the merger. Now I want to make some changes to the booking, nothing major, just want to get on an earlier flight out of LHR. How do I do this please? I don't suppose Lufthansa would be able to do anything? Can I call Diamond Club? They are still the 'agent' right? Really confused......
Many thanks in advance!
Jake
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by whole9yards
Hi all
Booked a redemption flight on Lufthansa using DC miles before the merger. Now I want to make some changes to the booking, nothing major, just want to get on an earlier flight out of LHR. How do I do this please? I don't suppose Lufthansa would be able to do anything? Can I call Diamond Club? They are still the 'agent' right? Really confused......
Many thanks in advance!
Jake
The short answer - you cannot.

The long answer - you really have one option and that is to cancel the ticket. In case of scheduled changes some airline show some flexibility. But just a regular change, especially from LH - it is just no going to happen I'm afraid.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:28 pm

they won´t allow you any changes. it´s either fly as booked or cancel and get miles and taxes/fees back. sorry. the only thing you might try to do is ask at the airport if they allow you to fly on an earlier flight (assuming you are talking about taking an earlier feeder flight on the same day). but i wouldn´t hold my breath...
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Oh! That's a shame thanks guys for the quick reply. We have 75 mins layover at Frankfurt, before our connecting flight to Osaka, I am worried that it might not be enough time that's the reason I want to change. Guess we will have to chance it. If the flight from LHR to FRA is delayed causing us to miss our flight to KIX, LH would have the responsibility to rebook us right? Might try calling LH to see if we can go on an earlier flight... Or if we buy a single tkt on an earlier flight would they check us through to Osaka?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
75min should be enough, I would not worry. In case of an issue LH will rebook you, assuming you have your flights on the same ticket.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Yes same tkt. just checked there are flights on asianna and ANA from FRA later that day, both star alliance. If We missed our connection, hopefully LH would try to get us on to alternative carriers instead of delaying our travel plan by a day!

Last edited by whole9yards; Dec 1, 2012 at 7:54 am
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: bmi ba virgin
Originally Posted by whole9yards
Or if we buy a single tkt on an earlier flight would they check us through to Osaka?
Don't forget that not using your flight to FRA, may void the rest of your ticket!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aporwol
Don't forget that not using your flight to FRA, may void the rest of your ticket!
Good point... Might try to get to the airport as early as we can and see if they would let us onto an earlier flight
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I'd expect 75 min to be enough at FRA. If you have mobility problems then alert them ahead of flying and you should get some help.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Don't worry, 75 min at FRA is sufficient. I wouldn't waste my time on getting to the airport earlier and hope for an earlier flight. Not going to happen on LH (unless your flight is fully booked and your seats are needed)
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
75 min in FRA is more than enough. Even if you miss the connecting flight, once your travel begun (basically the day of the flight) the operating airline is responsible to get you to your destination. LH will take care of you if your flight to FRA is delayed.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Similar question re our SA trip - 4 of us in biz from Europe to CPT and back, on 2 different PNRs booked at the same time because of different return flights. The PNRs have already changed twice - invol reroute outbound favourable to us and a time change inbound, not so favourable to us..

Sister-in-law and husband have a lousy return: CPT-JNB-MUC-ZRH with 6 hours at JNB (enough time to get to the Butcher Shop ) and 4 hours in Munich. I'd like to change but there's no biz available direct or via FRA. I thought about buying a revenue ticket MUC-ZRH but that would cost over £500 each. So we'll (they'll) live with that.

The other query is JNB-CPT and CPT-JNB connecting flights. When we booked, we could only get 2 biz and 2 Y each way via DC. Availability has opened up so we could all be in biz. I called Voyager in SA and the lady tried to help. She didn't understand that I couldn't check with my airline but passed the query to the ticketing department who may have info tomorrow.

I'm assuming former BD and current BA won't help. Is there a way of getting our biz itinerary on all flights other than trying at check in? Grateful for advice.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Roger

I'm assuming former BD and current BA won't help. Is there a way of getting our biz itinerary on all flights other than trying at check in? Grateful for advice.
The availability that has opened up cannot be booked by BA/bmi, you can no longer use bmi miles to book flights. Voyager will book redemption flights for Voyager members not for any other programs
The options would be to travel as planned or cancel for a full refund of miles, transfer them to Avios and see if you can book something through OneWorld
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, caz312. I guess that's pretty much what I expected even if I hoped somebody had different experience with SAA.

I called Voyager again just in case. The best they suggested was to standby at the airports. Flights wide open at the moment, though this will doubtless change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.