Last Voyager Magazine

Old Aug 11, 12, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Last Voyager Magazine

This month's edition of Voyager magazine is apparently the last. While not always the last word in quality journalism it was always a reasonable and (in the case of the route map) surprising read and seemed to have improved a fair bit in the last few months (as with a lot of bmi ).
The May issue in particular actually had some stuff in it that I wanted to read. The final issue has a bit of a retrospective and a collection of covers from the past 7 or so years (I remember a worrying amount of them).
A small request. If anyone manages to pick up a paper copy could you keep hold of it for me? I'll pay postage. Failing this I'll try and get one out the EDI lounge next weekend (sadly I'm flying Ryanair but I'll drop off some chocolates or something for the base staff (if they're still there...)).

Last edited by sigma421; Aug 11, 12 at 12:25 pm
Old Aug 11, 12, 9:36 am

For those of us who are not likely to be setting foot on another BD branded aircraft ever (me! ) - the latest BMI voyager is available online:

http://www.bmivoyager.com/

That being said, I hope Granite Aviation/BMI-R/whatever will have a similar offering (but, ofcourse, it is not a priority for them at the moment).
Old Aug 11, 12, 12:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
I'm flying BEY-LHR tomorrow and they always have a ton in the BEY lounge - I'll happily fly one up to London for you.

My last fully BD flight tomorrow!
Old Aug 11, 12, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
I'm flying BEY-LHR tomorrow and they always have a ton in the BEY lounge - I'll happily fly one up to London for you.

My last fully BD flight tomorrow!

If I were you I'd pick up a dozen or so !!
You never know they might be worth something in the future, especially as I very much doubt many would of been printed

cs
Old Aug 11, 12, 4:37 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
If I were you I'd pick up a dozen or so !!
You never know they might be worth something in the future, especially as I very much doubt many would of been printed
One of our clients advertises in it. Normal print run guaranteed by the publishers, so business as usual in that case. I wouldn't be expecting to make a fortune on Ebay anyway.
Old Aug 11, 12, 4:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
Normal print run
So, that'll be half a dozen copies in each seatback pocket then.....?
Old Aug 11, 12, 5:22 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
So, that'll be half a dozen copies in each seatback pocket then.....?
Naturally.
Old Aug 11, 12, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
For posterity...... or is it posterior?

Old Aug 12, 12, 4:56 am

And in typical BMI style

I guess no point changing it now ....

Sad to see the last issue . Many a time I took a flick through it and it certainly wasnt the worst publication out there. I often enjoyed the destination guides. I think they could have had 4 pages with some nostalgia showing different liveries and uniforms ,fleet etc.. but I guess they didnt want to do it in this last issue. Still I enjoyed the articles on Shepheards hotel and Beirut .
Old Aug 12, 12, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
[deleted]

Last edited by BA6501; Aug 12, 12 at 1:34 pm
Old Aug 13, 12, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Does bmi regional still carry Voyager? I notice that their routes disappeared from the routemap after the sale.
Old Aug 13, 12, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
I hope Granite Aviation/BMI-R/whatever will have a similar offering (but, ofcourse, it is not a priority for them at the moment).
Just what are their priorities? Have not seen anything on what will happen when BA absorbs mainline bmi, will they become the new bmi ? or something else altogether?
Old Aug 13, 12, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by riga View Post
Just what are their priorities? Have not seen anything on what will happen when BA absorbs mainline bmi, will they become the new bmi ? or something else altogether?
No idea! I am sure most on this board are waiting with baited breath I am gutted that the LBA-GLA route is no more
Old Aug 13, 12, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
No idea! I am sure most on this board are waiting with baited breath I am gutted that the LBA-GLA route is no more
It seemed odd to me how that route was actually scrapped just before BA had taken control of bmi.
Old Aug 16, 12, 12:41 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Can anyone grab me a copy? Will gladly pay post to the US or pickup in DUB in September.

Search this Thread