Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

diamond club to be wound up 28 Oct (except MBNA diamondclub.org created) : Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:12 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I think that the main use after Dec 31st may be to scrape the frost from the car windscreen.
It's sad to read that when I'm thinking of all the great flights I've earned with this card
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Question

Originally Posted by layz
It'll either be that (although you'd think bmi ceasing to exist would be a decent enough get out clause) or the card is proving to be a nice little earner for BA and so they're keeping it - but at arms length as they'll presumably have an exclusivity deal with Amex.

What do those on here think most likely? Also if it's contractual anyone got an idea when the contract will run out.
I thought there was comment lot long ago that MBNA were selling their UK credit-card business (or am I thinking of another provider?). Perhaps MBNA are keen to have something to sell rather let their current product close thus also (in addition to BA) keen to keep the arrangement alive?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
BoA were going to sell MBNA but I have a feeling that no-one was in the market to buy
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:19 am

Had some left over miles I was not able to spend so need to get them to BA but could not find the transfer tool to BA. I do not see a link for ''combine Avios''.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
If the route detailed here doesn't get you to the "Combine my Avios" link, try updating your BAEC personal details so all the data (especially date of birth) is completed. We've had reports before that the combine link is notg active if you've got incomplete personal details.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
If the route detailed here doesn't get you to the "Combine my Avios" link, try updating your BAEC personal details so all the data (especially date of birth) is completed. We've had reports before that the combine link is notg active if you've got incomplete personal details.
I think the address also has got to be the same as your DC account.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Physical address does not have to be the same. Mine were in different countries, worked fine. The e-mail addresses must be the same.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Physical address does not have to be the same. Mine were in different countries, worked fine. The e-mail addresses must be the same.
and date of birth
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well the email addresses don't have to be the same, my addresses are different and my transfers have all gone ok. Physical address is the same though!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, it's probably one or the other, then.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Well the email addresses don't have to be the same, my addresses are different and my transfers have all gone ok. Physical address is the same though!
+1. I have different e-mail addresses on my DC and BAEC accounts and the transfer function works fine : it happily sends me 2 different e-mails on transfer completion.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Looks like it's no longer possible to sign up for the bmi credit card.

If you click the link on the homepage you get a 404 and the credit card section has been removed from 'loyalty programmes' (it's still mentioned under offers but the links go nowhere).
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Yup. My wife was considering signing up (to get the 20k avios for free), and we tried to find it today and failed...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Only the name and date of birth need to match.

(My physical and email addresses don't match, and I've made a number of transfers OK).
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Yup. My wife was considering signing up (to get the 20k avios for free), and we tried to find it today and failed...
Maybe worth giving MBNA a call on the off-chance they're still taking applications but BA have decided to stop promoting it.

It might even be something as simple as they've temporarily suspended applications while they rebrand it the Diamond Club credit card when bmi ceases to exist in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.