Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which gates do bmi use at LHR T1?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Which gates do bmi use at LHR T1?

Sorry I have no idea where to post this thread but was wondering which gate numbers do bmi use at Heathrow Airport Terminal 1
Old May 29, 2012, 11:45 am

sorry to be pretty vague, but pretty much any of them.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It could be any of them for international flights. Just check the FIDs in the terminals.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by yous93
Sorry I have no idea where to post this thread but was wondering which gate numbers do bmi use at Heathrow Airport Terminal 1
Domestic or international?

For domestic most flights leave from gate 8, which is actually a cluster of gates with easy access from the lounge. The boarding pass will usually just list the gate number as 8 then you'll find out the exact gate letter e.g. 8b closer to boarding.

Some flights (usually Irish) may leave from the 'green mile' which is quite a walk from the lounge.

International I'm not too certain of.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
Domestic or international?

For domestic most flights leave from gate 8, which is actually a cluster of gates with easy access from the lounge. The boarding pass will usually just list the gate number as 8 then you'll find out the exact gate letter e.g. 8b closer to boarding.

Some flights (usually Irish) may leave from the 'green mile' which is quite a walk from the lounge.

International I'm not too certain of.
Yes International, specifically to Amman
Old May 29, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It can be at pretty much any gate then. Some are very far away though!
Old May 29, 2012, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
It can be at pretty much any gate then. Some are very far away though!
so how many hours before departure time should I be at the airport for?
some say 2, others say 3
Old May 29, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 hours should be plenty. However, many people will be connecting from other destinations, and others will have checked-in online. If it's a busy flight (especially during Summer), then you may want to either check-in online or arrive a bit earlier to avoid getting bumped. Just a precaution you might want to take.

Are you travelling in Economy or Business? Do you have status?
Old May 29, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by yous93
so how many hours before departure time should I be at the airport for?
some say 2, others say 3
It can take up to 20 minutes to walk to the furthest international gates from the BMI Great British Lounge (GBL). However when we flew to AMM our plane departed from a gate less than 20 seconds from the GBL.

If you have lounge access, I'd prefer three hours, so as to have time to sample both the Star Alliance lounge and the GBL.
Old May 29, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, some gates are just a few metres away from the GBL - especially gates 5 (A to E) and gates 76-78. But some are almost at City Airport! (once you start the 30s - though the walk starts to get long from gates 20).
Old May 29, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
2 hours should be plenty. However, many people will be connecting from other destinations, and others will have checked-in online. If it's a busy flight (especially during Summer), then you may want to either check-in online or arrive a bit earlier to avoid getting bumped. Just a precaution you might want to take.

Are you travelling in Economy or Business? Do you have status?
Economy and not with *A
Old May 29, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nor BA?
Old May 29, 2012, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
If you have lounge access, I'd prefer three hours, so as to have time to sample both the Star Alliance lounge and the GBL.
I'm not sure you can access the Star Alliance lounge anymore when travelling on bmi and you definitely won't be able to from the 1st June.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Don't get overly hung up on the no lounge access, mind you! The GBL was nice, but the F&B offerings were cut back somewhat when they started allowing access for LH FTL (*S). The *A lounge the last few times i've been in has been overcrowded to the point of being unpleasant - all it seems to take is a delay on one of the UA widebodies to the USA.

There are some half decent eating places at the airport, airside in Terminal 1 - Giraffe springs to mind and I know there are others too.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:09 am
Original Poster

I'm not too bothered about lounges or anything
just wondering how much time I should allow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.