Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie help please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Newbie help please

I've got 34k destination miles in my DC account. Can I only use them on bmi operated flights or can I use them on any *A route?

If the latter, how do I? If the former, is it worth using them or holding on for 'Adios' points transfer?

Thanks in advance, folks.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Right now, they can be used on any *A route more or less in the next 365 days. Friday of next week, you won't be able to use them for ticketing on LH, LX, OS or SN, but the rest of *A should be fine until further notice...

And, the broad consensus is that the value lies in DC redemptions for the most part.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Further dumb question from me : How do I book a *A flight on my destinations miles? Do I go to the individual airline's website or am I missing something on the BMI site?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by CMH23
Further dumb question from me : How do I book a *A flight on my destinations miles? Do I go to the individual airline's website or am I missing something on the BMI site?
You have to call the number on your diamond club card. Bookings have to made via the Indian call centre.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Is there a site where I can see what's available before I call? Some folk on here seem to be able to work out entitlements from somewhere...!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:43 am
Accor 25+ Badge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...s-lounges.html explains in great detail how to find availability (ANA tool)
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:37 am

Wirelessly posted (iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en_us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1)

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Right now, they can be used on any *A route more or less in the next 365 days. Friday of next week, you won't be able to use them for ticketing on LH, LX, OS or SN, but the rest of *A should be fine until further notice...

And, the broad consensus is that the value lies in DC redemptions for the most part.
has it been confirmed other *A awards will still be bootable after the 18th. I have 50k miles I'd like to redeem on UA, but not sure where or when yet.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Both of those links are dead :-(
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Hi

There is a sticky post 5th down from the top on this forum entitled 'Read this first...' it has a yellow exclamation sign next to it.

That will give all the info required to check availability and book redemptions.

For info the links worked for me...

Good Luck!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:33 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by CMH23
Both of those links are dead :-(
Both work fine for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.