Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your questions to Diamond Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
How will the switch from DC to BAEC be handled for those who currently are unable to join BAEC (due to South Pacific address)?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Diamond Club Gold customers as of what date(s) ? will be invited to become Gold members of the Executive Club and Silver members to become Silver, which will be in addition to your Diamond Club membership.
How long will the Gold status for those customers who also happen to be BAEC members? 12 months from date of matching? Until end of the next BAEC membership period as per the BAEC membership? Until end of current BAEC membership period?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have an award ticket booked with TK in September in C from ARN to ICN via IST for two people. As we are expecting to become parents we plan to add one infant to the booking later this summer, something that the ICC said would cause no problem at all. With DC leaving * Alliance I am not so sure. Would it be possible for TK, albeit at a cost of 10% of a revenue ticket, to add the lap infant to the booking? Or do we have to simply cancel everything and buy an entirely new revenue ticket? Both adults are unfortunately on the same PNR so we cannot cancel one ticket and keep the other. The best would of course be if the ICC or what left of it would be able to add the infant for free but I somehow doubt they will be able to this...
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
Rebook on Oneworld?

I am BD*G - soon to be status matched to BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald. I have a redemption booking with LH / SQ to Australia in January 2013. I would prefer to travel on Oneworld now and avail of Emerald benefits. I see seats available for Avios points on the BAEC website in J and F for my dates, including stopover options on BA / QF / CX.

Can the BMI Call Centre rebook me onto Oneworld flights which are available in redemption booking classes? If possible I would opt for this straight away.

Hope for this option being available?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
eGUV'ed tickets - tier points & avios

An eGUV ticket goes from one of the Y fare codes to I.

This is non-earning for BA Avios & Tier Points, indeed an eGUV'ed fare with a BA Exec Club account number will go from earning to non-earning in MMB once the eGUV is applied.

On bmi the underlying fare code counts and miles will credit.

Given eGUV is like a BA MFU on which the same principle applies, will eGUV fares credit Avois & Tier Points or not?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Will the status matches result in an existing account having its membership (for existing accounts):

- reset to a new date giving the customer 12 months from date of match to re-earn BA status?
- continue with existing year and only give pax less than 12 months to re-earn their status?
- give the rest of the year plus a full new year?

<mod edited to keep in line with the thread rules>

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 22, 2012 at 4:57 am
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:26 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Gold Economy to Business FREE Upgrade on BD flights

I dont see any mention of this in e-mails does anybody know the situation?

BUMP still unsure

Last edited by UncleDude; May 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, IC Amb and Plat, HH Diamond
When are we expecting answers to the questions - feels a bit one sided at the moment?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:26 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by docgasman
I am BD*G - soon to be status matched to BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald. I have a redemption booking with LH / SQ to Australia in January 2013. I would prefer to travel on Oneworld now and avail of Emerald benefits. I see seats available for Avios points on the BAEC website in J and F for my dates, including stopover options on BA / QF / CX.

Can the BMI Call Centre rebook me onto Oneworld flights which are available in redemption booking classes? If possible I would opt for this straight away.

Hope for this option being available?
Similar question on my side, how will schedule changes be dealt with on LH booked flights?

For example, I have a flight from LHR to GVA via FRA (following a flight from SIN on SQ) that was impacted by a schedule change. The system has rebooked me on a flight that departs prior to my SQ flight arriving in LHR. Is it possible to be rebooked onto BA for LHR-GVA only ?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've updated the Official Information sticky with the today's FAQ update from the BA website, in which some of these questions have been addressed and answered. Please feel free to continue to post your unanswered questions.

/mod

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 23, 2012 at 6:25 am
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Mix BA/*A Redemption

If we can redeem on BA from 01 May and we can also continue to redeem on *A until 31st May, can we for the month of May make a mixed BA/*A redemption? E.g. If I wish to travel to AKL, can I fly LHR-NRT (BA), connecting after a stopover to NRT-AKL on NZ?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Just to add, in case it's not obvious, the BA and bmi team is monitoring this question thread very closely indeed - I can confirm that very officially indeed - and the responses being posted on the BA FAQs are a reflection of that.

Now, there aren't answers to everything just yet, but there's a good deal of operational detail involved - and they are working hard to gain absolute clarity before confirming anything in writing.

My own view is that, since the go-live date with BA, it's been a pretty professional response a to a massive amount of uncertainty - and with each passing day, we, as bmi DC members, are gaining a fairly good idea of what is forthcoming.

So, read the FAQs and keep further questions coming.
GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:07 am

How do Australian residents join BAEC?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by BA FAQ
I have a redemption booking on a Star Alliance partner. Will this be honoured?
Any bookings before 31 May on a Star Alliance partner will be protected.
This needs clarification. The question refers to a booking already made. Does the answer mean that this existing booking will be protected if the travel is before 31 May ? Or does it mean we may continue to book redemptions with Star Alliance partners until 31 May for travel after then, and these will be protected ?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
This needs clarification. The question refers to a booking already made. Does the answer mean that this existing booking will be protected if the travel is before 31 May ? Or does it mean we may continue to book redemptions with Star Alliance partners until 31 May for travel after then, and these will be protected ?
See the BA website FAQ's, it has been amended:

"Any flight bookings made on Star Alliance partners before 31 May will be honoured, this includes flights which are booked to travel after 31 May. If you are booked to travel with a Star Alliance partner after 31 May, please note that any Star Alliance benefits you would usually enjoy such as lounge access will not be available."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.