Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

Does anyone know of a site that specilaises in aggregating the availability of the 'luxury break' type hotels in the UK? A lot of the brands (Hand Picked Hotels, Exclusive Hotels, etc) only have a few hotels, and seaching them one by one is a bit of a fag . Opodo and Lastminute don't seem to include these, or be set up to easily surface them .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; May 27, 2011 at 9:54 am Reason: Added the UK qualifier bit
Old May 27, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I assume this is nothing to do with BMI?

I wouldn't necessarily put those chains you mentioned into luxury break territory! The Luxury Hotels forum on FT is a good resource if you never normally read that. Fundamentally, there are under 10 decent weekend break-type properties in the UK if you are interested in serious luxury.

I presume one of the hotel booking engines like Expedia would let you search for a 5* within 50 miles of, say, somewhere in the Cotswolds. Mr & Mrs Smith website has a lot of UK high-end weekend-away properties on it, worth a look but again not sure if you can search 'everything' by date.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: F
Try fivestaralliance.com
Old May 28, 2011, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Raffles
I assume this is nothing to do with BMI?
Correct. I just trust the judgement of this UK centric collective .

I wouldn't necessarily put those chains you mentioned into luxury break territory!
Agreed, but they are often nice for something a bit more special.

The Luxury Hotels forum on FT is a good resource if you never normally read that. Fundamentally, there are under 10 decent weekend break-type properties in the UK if you are interested in serious luxury.
Didn't know that one existed, so I'll check it out. Thanks. ^

I presume one of the hotel booking engines like Expedia would let you search for a 5* within 50 miles of, say, somewhere in the Cotswolds. Mr & Mrs Smith website has a lot of UK high-end weekend-away properties on it, worth a look but again not sure if you can search 'everything' by date.
I thought they would as well, but they seem to keep taking me to some very odd result sets. Gave up after an hour of trying to make sense of how Expedia, LastMibute, etc were working .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.