Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

OT: Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

Old May 27, 11, 9:45 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SW London
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Posts: 3,223
Consolidated booking for 'luxury break' hotels

Does anyone know of a site that specilaises in aggregating the availability of the 'luxury break' type hotels in the UK? A lot of the brands (Hand Picked Hotels, Exclusive Hotels, etc) only have a few hotels, and seaching them one by one is a bit of a fag . Opodo and Lastminute don't seem to include these, or be set up to easily surface them .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; May 27, 11 at 10:54 am Reason: Added the UK qualifier bit
EsherFlyer is offline  
Old May 27, 11, 2:22 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,604
I assume this is nothing to do with BMI?

I wouldn't necessarily put those chains you mentioned into luxury break territory! The Luxury Hotels forum on FT is a good resource if you never normally read that. Fundamentally, there are under 10 decent weekend break-type properties in the UK if you are interested in serious luxury.

I presume one of the hotel booking engines like Expedia would let you search for a 5* within 50 miles of, say, somewhere in the Cotswolds. Mr & Mrs Smith website has a lot of UK high-end weekend-away properties on it, worth a look but again not sure if you can search 'everything' by date.
Raffles is online now  
Old May 28, 11, 1:06 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MAN
Programs: F
Posts: 2,895
Try fivestaralliance.com
redshift27 is offline  
Old May 28, 11, 5:19 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SW London
Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Posts: 3,223
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I assume this is nothing to do with BMI?
Correct. I just trust the judgement of this UK centric collective .

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I wouldn't necessarily put those chains you mentioned into luxury break territory!
Agreed, but they are often nice for something a bit more special.

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
The Luxury Hotels forum on FT is a good resource if you never normally read that. Fundamentally, there are under 10 decent weekend break-type properties in the UK if you are interested in serious luxury.
Didn't know that one existed, so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I presume one of the hotel booking engines like Expedia would let you search for a 5* within 50 miles of, say, somewhere in the Cotswolds. Mr & Mrs Smith website has a lot of UK high-end weekend-away properties on it, worth a look but again not sure if you can search 'everything' by date.
I thought they would as well, but they seem to keep taking me to some very odd result sets. Gave up after an hour of trying to make sense of how Expedia, LastMibute, etc were working .
EsherFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread