Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: More ash cloud chaos on the way? May 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: More ash cloud chaos on the way? May 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 5:43 pm

six hour delayed departure for bd61 from Edinburgh!
At least they didn't cancel like Flymaybe!
Old May 23, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: EC*G BD*G, Hilton, Eurobonus
Sitting here in Stavanger, am supposed to travel to BHD via LHR. Trying to get info!

Thursday we are due to travel from BHD to PHX via LHR and ORD.

Would just like info...
Old May 23, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Alick401
Sitting here in Stavanger, am supposed to travel to BHD via LHR. Trying to get info!

Thursday we are due to travel from BHD to PHX via LHR and ORD.

Would just like info...
this post from Aero_Safety in the BA forum is a good summary of the situation - which is that things are far from clear, due to the unpredictability of the ash cloud.

At the moment it looks like your trip to BHD is safe; though if I were a betting man I'm not sure I'd be putting money on you getting to PHX on those particular flights. If those flights are all booked on the one ticket, then you'll hopefully have more luck getting rerouted in the event of cancellations.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:28 pm

It is two tickets, one from SVG BHD (Today) and one BHD PHX Thursday.

Just found out on SVG website BMI flight to LHR is cancelled! Trying to rebook SK to LHR. have to run
Old May 23, 2011, 10:31 pm

Good luck!

Latest update from BMI:
Volcano Update: Flights canx 24 May BD671/674 ABZ-LHR-ABZ / BD672/673 / LHR-ABZ-LHR / BD537/538 / LHR-SVG-LHR
Old May 23, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Morning flights to and from EDI are expected to operate. The BD50, 51, 52 and 53 are currently scheduled to operate however bmi are warning of disruption 'as far south as Newcastle' after midday.
Old May 23, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Virgin Gold
BHD seems Ok so far

Sitting waiting for the BD81 to LHR but no bad news yet. Flybe from Dundee has been cancelled, think Loganair into BHD also cancelled but so far that looks like all.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
From the BBC news website...

BMI said flights to and from Aberdeen were subject to delay and passengers should check its website, but services in and out of Glasgow and Edinburgh were running normally
I'm sure BD flights from GLA are running normally.......
Old May 24, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
From the BBC news website...

I'm sure BD flights from GLA are running normally.......
To be fair BD Regional still have a few flights to and from GLA.
Old May 24, 2011, 5:08 am

BD flight from Stavanger cancelled. I managed to get a seat on SK SVG LHR.

Very little info from BMI in Stavanger. I.m sitting in the BD lounge at LHR T1 waiting for my flight to BHD. I rebooked on an earlier flight to Belfast.

F

Went well today and I hope Thursday is just as good.
Old May 24, 2011, 5:19 am

A lot of posters o here seem to be having a go at BD but once again at least they are trying to run a schedule unlike some other airlines who blanket cancel flights. Lets give BD some credit !
Old May 24, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am planning on flying from OSL to LHR tomorrow, and from LHR to AMM on Thursday (BD) - these are two separate tickets. So, I am trying to look around for hotels just in case I get stuck in London, but almost everything seems to be fully booked this weekend. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on in London this weekend?
Old May 24, 2011, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by skrosvik
I am planning on flying from OSL to LHR tomorrow, and from LHR to AMM on Thursday (BD) - these are two separate tickets. So, I am trying to look around for hotels just in case I get stuck in London, but almost everything seems to be fully booked this weekend. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on in London this weekend?
Monday's a bank holiday, so there might be extra people in town for the long weekend.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:48 am

Going a little OT (but I had a quick look at the M&M forum and didn't see much ash-based chat there), don't suppose anyone knows that LH's policy is?

I've got a friend who's just arrived in FRA to find her flight to EDI has been cancelled - I've suggested she tries to get herself on a flight to LON or MAN and get them to pay her train fare home - are they likely to do such a thing?
Old May 24, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skrosvik
The Champion's League final, perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.