Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Any way to leverage status to get an upgrade to economy plus. I'm flying over to London on UA metal with a BMI ticket. I'm Continental OnePass Elite and will have the possibiliy of free Economy + for me and a companion. Will the fact that my wife is BMI elite get us anywhere in terms of getting the two kids moved up to Economy plus (i.e., one as my companion, one as hers)?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RichmondFlyer
Any way to leverage status to get an upgrade to economy plus. I'm flying over to London on UA metal with a BMI ticket. I'm Continental OnePass Elite and will have the possibiliy of free Economy + for me and a companion. Will the fact that my wife is BMI elite get us anywhere in terms of getting the two kids moved up to Economy plus (i.e., one as my companion, one as hers)?
Knowing how USA based airlines work.....DC Silver will be near the bottom of the upgrade list.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
attempted to join tonight. Filled out application. Upon hitting the "join" button, was sent back to the home page with no acknowledgement of joining. No e-mail confirmation yet either. tried it a second time,same result
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:57 pm

I filled out two apps tonight and both worked with no problems. Got email confirmation of silver status almost immediately. Did you check your email for the confirmation email? You have to click on the link in that email to finalize the process.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Pity this is only for new members and I already signed up the Missus a month ago. Anybody know how to cancel her membership and apply again? Has anybody actually managed to cancel membership? (worthwhile as she will be flying *A internationally in a month or so)
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by zkzkz
The London Room is indeed a lot like the DUB lounge, only larger.

However I would argue that to measure the benefit you have to look at the alternative. DUB is a bit hectic but there are plenty of quiet areas to wait not far from the gates. LHR T1 noisy at the best of times and a complete zoo at the worst and the area near the domestic gates is a depressing desolate area with no shops at all.

They do do a good job of calling the flights only when they're actually ready for boarding too.
I agree but I was hoping that I could get some food in the lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by traveller1971
Pity this is only for new members and I already signed up the Missus a month ago. Anybody know how to cancel her membership and apply again? Has anybody actually managed to cancel membership? (worthwhile as she will be flying *A internationally in a month or so)
If you did her full First + Middle name in your initial application, just do a new one with First + Middle Initial and use a work address and different email address. If you didn't use a middle name, then use one this time.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
If you did her full First + Middle name in your initial application, just do a new one with First + Middle Initial and use a work address and different email address. If you didn't use a middle name, then use one this time.
I have the same problem, but my wife doesn't have a middle name. If she re-applies using the same name but a different address is that likely to work, or do they run background checks against the name and address? I'll probably give it a go anyway and report back whether it works.

I also thought of enrolling my two-year-old daughter (who is not currently a member) but it seems the only way to do this is through the family membership, which uses a different application form that doesn't have space to enter the promotional code.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Many
Worked like charm for the household members that were not enrolled in DC yet. Thank you OP.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jmw2323
attempted to join tonight. Filled out application. Upon hitting the "join" button, was sent back to the home page with no acknowledgement of joining. No e-mail confirmation yet either. tried it a second time,same result
changed browser from Chrome to Internet Explorer, worked.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
In terms of your wife, I doubt it. Economy Plus isn't even a published benefit for *G..which this isn't even that.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
The link is now dead.

Well done those who succeeded while it lasted.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Worked like a charm. Thanks to the OP and to the poster who posted the 1DC6SM code.

Svantevit
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by twitter
flybmi: RT What's the instant silver promo for DC? << This offer was by invitation only. It's being looked at now by DC
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Originally Posted by twitter
flybmi: RT What's the instant silver promo for DC? << This offer was by invitation only. It's being looked at now by DC
Ohhhh titter ye not!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.