Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...embership.aspx

Diamond Club, one of the world's most generous frequent flyer programmes, is delighted to offer you an exclusive welcome bonus. Join today and we'll offer you instant Silver membership.*
Silver status offers numerous, exclusive benefits, including:
Exclusive lounge access - Diamond Club, Business and overseas executive lounges
Premium Check-in desks at London Heathrow
20kg additional baggage allowance
Dedicated Silver Card phone line for enquiries and bookings
25% extra destinations miles bonus each month in addition to miles earned on flights per month
Spend your miles on flights to over 900 destinations worldwide, hotel stays, gifts and more.

Terms and conditions
Only one enrolment per individual will be accepted for membership of the Diamond Club programme
Each individual that takes part in the promotion will be enrolled to Silver Diamond Club status
The applicant must be accepted for membership to qualify for instant Silver status
Please allow 28 days for receipt of Silver membership card. Once the member has received their card and membership number, they can start to make use of the Silver status benefits
Silver status will be awarded for 12 months, during which time members will need to earn a further 16,000 membership status miles to maintain Silver status
bmi reserves the right to refuse membership into the Diamond Club programme, and will not enter into correspondence relating to reasons for refusal
A new member can only be accepted for enrolment on one occasion
bmi reserves the right to make changes to this promotion without prior notice
Diamond Club membership and participation in this promotion is subject to Diamond Club terms and conditions
English law will govern these terms and conditions and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction
Entrants must be over 18 years of age. This promotion is not open to the employees of bmi or their immediate families
This offer is non transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb

They're either trying to expand the number of members to make it harder for LH to migrate to M&L...
or
They're making the books look fatter should ahead of any sell off.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: not a lot
How did you find the link, was it from a targetted email?

It doesn't seem to be accessible from any part of the main web page which makes me think it's a targetted promotion.

Would be crazy to offer free *S to everyone.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 1:09 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Worked for me. These Silver campaign happen fairly often, across a number of airlines.

Not too hard to stumble across. Some are targeted, but the only time I remember a real clampdown was from VS - but that was for Au membership, so that's more understandable.

From airline pov, free silver to entice revenue from passengers who don't fly with them is worth it.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
what are the benefits flying with VS?
I am not sure with the luggage allowance to the US.
+ club access in LHR when flying VS
I am based in Vienna and will be flying BD to LHR and I dont know if there is a BD lounge in VIE - or can I use the *A lounge ?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by jexelot
what are the benefits flying with VS?
I am not sure with the luggage allowance to the US.
+ club access in LHR when flying VS
I am based in Vienna and will be flying BD to LHR and I dont know if there is a BD lounge in VIE - or can I use the *A lounge ?
If you mean Diamond Club Silver there are no benefits when flying with VS.
Gold offers access to the VS lounge at Heathrow only.

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...-benefits.aspx

I'm not sure if BD have a lounge in Vienna. The website doesn't list the locations and the link in the Sticky is broken. If they don't have a lounge Silver won't get you into the Star Alliance lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Nice offer. Signed up the family and a friend who is coming to visit me in a few weeks.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by StarAllianceGold
If you mean Diamond Club Silver there are no benefits when flying with VS.
Gold offers access to the VS lounge at Heathrow only.

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...-benefits.aspx

I'm not sure if BD have a lounge in Vienna. The website doesn't list the locations and the link in the Sticky is broken. If they don't have a lounge Silver won't get you into the Star Alliance lounge.
I guess the 2pcs luggage allowance will not work with VS as this is not *A
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
As LivLion mentioned, it's a targeted offer; otherwise it would have been advertised openly. It's been around for a few weeks and yet another that bmi failed to hide from search bots. We had this conversation last month about other coded Silver offers, remember?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-bmi-guys.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-one-year.html
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
I didn't realise those threads were referring to an offer for new members. I wish it were an offer for existing members!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
As LivLion mentioned, it's a targeted offer; otherwise it would have been advertised openly. It's been around for a few weeks and yet another that bmi failed to hide from search bots. We had this conversation last month about other coded Silver offers, remember?
I think this one isn't a targated offer, due to the code "1DC6SM". This bears resemblance to the usual, non targeted offer codes (ie beginning with "1"). Also, the page where you can sign up does not state that this is targeted, and seems open to all.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by UK Flyer 1
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...embership.aspx

Diamond Club, one of the world's most generous frequent flyer programmes, is delighted to offer you an exclusive welcome bonus. Join today and we'll offer you instant Silver membership.*
OP, thanks for the heads up! I used the above link to sign up my sister, who is now a silver member. Based on this experience, I don't think it's a targeted promotion, or a country-specific offer.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for posting
I signed up and received the status instantly.

Usually I fly Skyteam but I do plan on flying LH and A3 in the near future as well. Would this card offer any benefits for that? Especially being able to use business class checkin and the priority security line would be very useful...altho I am starting to doubt this is offered at the silver level?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
starting to doubt this is offered at the silver level?
BD silver status is only worth something (priority lane & lounges) on BD metal, with the exception of US carriers where you get a free bag checked in. You will however get a 25% bonus if you credit any flights to BD though (if they earn miles on BD)

Theoretically it is worth more on a waitlist basis for all carriers, but that isn't worth much and doubt it would be any use.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
bmi silver status is only really worth something if you regularly fly with bmi. In my case 90% of my flying is on LHR-Scotland shuttles so BD*S is quite helpful in terms of lounge access and priority everything. If you do your flying on another Star Alliance carrier you won't get much save for a bag fee waiver on the US carriers and a 20% destination miles bonus.
Having said all that however if you aim to make Gold status this does cut out the need to 'waste' 16,000 miles making silver first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.