Community
Wiki Posts
Search

being messed around by bmi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:20 am
Original Poster

being messed around by bmi

I have a award booking (in business class for two seats)

SFO-LAS-YYZ-LHR-ABZ

bmi changed the LHR-ABZ segment and called me to tell me. I pointed out that the connection they were suggesting was too short for T3-T3 and definetly for T3-T1.

They then email suggested I fly YYZ-CPH-ABZ with an 8 hour wait in CPHas there were no more seats available LHR-ABZ that day.

I pointed out that there were many, many seats open on otehr flights including a helpful one at 1155. they are refusing to rebookj us onto one of those as "they are not open for award bookings".

I have treid to explain that I am not seeking an award new award booking but rather sort out a problem cuased by bmi itself.

Any thoughts on how I can sort this out? I'd rather not have 8 hours in CPH as that would mean getting home late Sunday with a return to work the next day.

Surely when an airline messes up your flights becuase of a schedule change they sort out the problem?

Stephen
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
As it's the last leg on the same itinerary can you just stick with the current ticket and when you miss it ask to be put on the next plane (I guess 11.55) - which will work well as long as there is space!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

wont they try to get round that by saying it is my own fault for taking an illegal connection??
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Are you dealing with the ICC? This sounds like PTS might be able to help, if you haven't already called them
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

PTS? a silly question I'm sure but you can put me down as silly.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sjharte
PTS? a silly question I'm sure but you can put me down as silly.
Pre-travel support.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I could have sworn I posted this earlier today - I guess the post didn't take... go to the sticky at the top of the forum and locate the bmi HQ phone number at Donington Hall - call and ask for Senior Pre-Travel Support.

They will be able to assist - and

If you are Gold, they will ask Rev. Mgt. to open a seat for you - you should hear back in about 24 hrs.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: F
You had a stupid agent. I had a similar problem as they cancelled the old 8am-ish second flight of the day LHR-MAN and the computer had rebooked us onto the first flight of the day making an illegal 45 minute connection T3-T1 after a transatlantic.

My agent was very helpful, phoned back when she said she would (even after 8pm!), waitlisted for seats on the 11am-ish next flight (on which there were no revenue Premium Economy seats left, let alone reward seats) and the waitlist cleared the next day.

And I am not even bmi silver any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.