Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Prock-Schauer : "Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prock-Schauer : "Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by RAPC
The burning question though is whether they will respect the results of the South Sudan referendum though
I thought the burning question was 'which zone will Southern Sudan be in?'
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Simmo
So what countries do people think will be next to axed from the program and merged into M&M obviously UK is last but what's the flip side of this? Any ideas?
So, you're thinking that for DC it will be the death by a thousand slices? My surmise, on the other hand, is that the Ukraine, Holland and the other one were just a test run and that all the rest of the transition will be effected in one fell swoop.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by henry999
So, you're thinking that for DC it will be the death by a thousand slices? My surmise, on the other hand, is that the Ukraine, Holland and the other one were just a test run and that all the rest of the transition will be effected in one fell swoop.

cheers,

Henry
The only serious response. I hope it goes that way (all at once).
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
no mention of DC in the recent presentation

http://investor-relations.lufthansa....esentation.pdf
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
no mention of DC
Well, after 949 posts, I guess it was only a matter of time before we had "absence of news" posted as a newsworthy item.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:39 am

One fell swoop is fine as long as they have the honestly, decency, and integrity to give adequate prior notice, like at least the 90 days required by the T&C. We should scream bloody murder to any relevant regulatory authorities should they try the stormtrooper tactics they used with the victims in those three unlucky countries.

Originally Posted by henry999

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Well, after 949 posts, I guess it was only a matter of time before we had "absence of news" posted as a newsworthy item.
No news is good news?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
What did your smiley imply in your previous post if not?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:39 am

One thing I have noticed that LH frontline staff do perceive bmi to be part of the happy LH family. US DM award bookings are touched with extreme reluctance ('please contact US Air for any changes'+face expression of disgust) whereas bmi awards on 236 stock are not.

Not that this has anything to do with the 'roadmap for the integration of DC in M&M', but just an observation.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
One thing I have noticed that LH frontline staff do perceive bmi to be part of the happy LH family. US DM award bookings are touched with extreme reluctance ('please contact US Air for any changes'+face expression of disgust) whereas bmi awards on 236 stock are not.

Not that this has anything to do with the 'roadmap for the integration of DC in M&M', but just an observation.
To be fair to DC, you need to fly a bit to earn miles unlike US where you can pay peanuts and get a boatload of miles- which explains the attitude.
I was recently told at FRA check-in that I should enrol Master LonLH in M/M rather than in DC as it is a better program for children- when I told that he will be a M/M SEN soon, she agreed that it is true and merger of DC with M/M will happen "very soon"
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:22 am

I think we should have twilight zone tune mixed with the LH corporate sound whenever we report some weird statement of frontline staff (see LonLH above) or quirk on any internet website (two year validity suddenly shown, the IL mistake showing up on search results, etc)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
To be fair to DC, you need to fly a bit to earn miles unlike US where you can pay peanuts and get a boatload of miles- which explains the attitude.
Not awfully surprised. The way it is possible to accumulate and burn US miles is inconceivably tantamount to criminal.

No wonder LH have resorted to blocking F inventory now.

But in any case one would expect LH to not show disdain to its own pax as well as those of its group airlines. Of course they shouldn't show it to other members of the *A, but I'm just saying that it should be very much expected that LH would look well after members of its group (or members of M&M for that matter).
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I think we should have twilight zone tune mixed with the LH corporate sound whenever we report some weird statement of frontline staff (see LonLH above) or quirk on any internet website (two year validity suddenly shown, the IL mistake showing up on search results, etc)
I would not give much credence to what check-in staff says, but at least the FCT check-in PAs seem to count BD as part of the family..
very OT- Talking of check-in staff, I printed my BD BP on 16th Dec, took it to LHR Premium baggage drop and the agent looked at it up and down, showed it to the agent sitting next to her, both of them quite cluless as to why it looks like this. It is scanning but does not look like the correct BP. They went to the another lady, who came over, had a discussion, asked me where I printed it from. I told them from the BD website and it is the new BMI logo. It seems that nobody had bothered to inform them that the new logo was launched, how it is going to look like and clearly this was the first time they are seeing it (few days after it was launched, in LHR, not some remote outpost)..and she told me they would be the last to know as nobody bothers telling them anything any more. That talks loads about the new management of BD (time to play funeral march)...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:22 am

didn't the breaking news of the new logo come thru a few images in the internal corporate LH newsletter that introduced bmi? gold circle noticed it first...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If that is the case now that is good news. My experience until last year was that LH staff treated DC tickets as having less value than a LIDL till receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.