Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Prock-Schauer : "Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"

Closed Thread

Old Jun 28, 10, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold

Moderators Edit

Following on from the LH Takeover of BD thread, this is the consolidated thread for discussion of the next phase of the journey.

From today's LH investors day:

http://investor-relations.lufthansa....10-06-28-e.pdf

"Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"

"Restructuring will show full effect in 2011 and 2012, examples…
LH integration will be completed, e.g. sales, M&M…"

More here:
http://investor-relations.lufthansa....estor-day.html

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 29, 10 at 7:27 am
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:10 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Interesting, mostly logical and reads well for bmi. Looks like bmi will remain as bmi, and as part of the LH family for now at any rate. I also take the view that both BHD and DUB are safe in the medium term, providing they don't use the MAN strategy (wrong planes, wrong times, constant changes, then stand back and wonder why no one uses the service regularly). It is interesting that a number of ex-routes are outed to as being deeply unprofitable - AMS, BRU, TLV etc. Of course, the great contradiction is short haul good v. mid-haul good.

Shame DC is confirmed as going by 2011/12. IT was what kept me *A loyal. That will disolve over the next year or two.

What's all this about customer service? The company is entirely schizophrenic in this respect. Not to mention in its IT literacy.

Lesson to learn: start burning your DC miles at the current rates.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jun 29, 10 at 7:40 am
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:11 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
"Roadmap for integration „Diamond Club“ in M&M agreed"
Many thanks for the link and quotes.

Love the mission statement. Best soundbite: "Modern-dynamic, profitable airline representing contemporary British lifestyle".
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:14 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Flying, innit?
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:35 am
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold (LOL), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG, EK, SQ, CX
Many thanks to Rambuster for posting this
Old Jun 28, 10, 9:38 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
Lesson to learn: start burning your DC miles at the current rates.
Also: to the extent that bmi's IT systems will allow, use a family account to safeguard miles earned by less-frequent fliers. Consolidate them into an account where they can be used more easily and where, after the transfer, either M&M elite status or an M&M credit card will prevent them from expiring.
Old Jun 28, 10, 10:08 am

Programs: Virtuoso, RC Stars etc, HGP Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, BA Silver
We have been planning a trip for December 2012 and collecting miles for F with Thai/Singapore (depending on availability). How will this effect us - is it going to be best to book on cash and miles and then keep postponing the flights until they are bookable?
Old Jun 28, 10, 10:27 am

Programs: AGR, DL
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
From slide 15:

Mission statement bmi group
  • Modern-dynamic, profitable airline representing contemporary British lifestyle, fully using synergies of LH Group & STAR
  • Successful player in London, the world’s largest aviation market
  • Lean, focusing on quality using state of the art technology
  • Employees as key assets; key differentiator
  • Customer care is core competence
errr.......

Last edited by jamesbrownontheroad; Jun 28, 10 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 28, 10, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad View Post

errr.......
Good spot
Old Jun 28, 10, 11:27 am

If all bmi CC were staffed by Joanna clones there would be no problems...

Seriously, I am sad that DC is finally going, I hope LH give a decent status match. I think I could manage to re-qualify given all those EU returns earn basically half the mileage in DC vs M&M. I do like the feeling of having a British Midland Gold card...even though I know its parent is German.

I would like to see a date, as 2011 or 2012 is quite a big difference. I'm guessing Q4 2011/Q1 2012.
Old Jun 28, 10, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Truly sadness absolutely mixed with laughter.....

I couldn't stop laughing when I read Customer Care as a Core Competence as part of the mission statement.

Don't want to prompt potential doom even sooner - but I read Q4 possible for restructure of DC in M&M based on potential for re-engineering to get full year in 2011. Why wait if you're the CEO??????? I would have thought the 2012 piece was linked to things like structured financial leases e.g. aircraft that couldn't be altered until 2011 sometime.
Old Jun 28, 10, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime, BA Gold, Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
A shame, no huge surprise but put out in a more appropriate manner than many bmi changes. They're going to have to sort out that transfer process quickly tho.

Will look to continue earning and burning, but if, when the change comes, ba offer a status match I'd be very tempted, especially if the current low earning on domestic and european routes don't get fixed, particularly on bmi's more expensive fares in flexY

hopefully the end of dc is announced well in advance and in late 2011 to maximise my burn time! still at least the plan for the rest of the airline sounds reasonable, if not too great for the staff who look to be getting a raw deal to save lh money
Old Jun 28, 10, 1:15 pm

Now that is seems DC is closing in 2011/2012, what do people advise for future travel plans? I'm only *S with DC and have around 25,000 miles of travel booked and was planning on making *G by early next year. However am I know better to start putting those miles to another plan My travel is all for lesiure with 1 (maybe 2) LHR - MEL trips a year as well as another random trip (usually at Xmas...last year was Egypt, this year - Central America)

cheers,
mel.b
Old Jun 28, 10, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mel.b View Post
Now that is seems DC is closing in 2011/2012, what do people advise for future travel plans? I'm only *S with DC and have around 25,000 miles of travel booked and was planning on making *G by early next year. However am I know better to start putting those miles to another plan My travel is all for lesiure with 1 (maybe 2) LHR - MEL trips a year as well as another random trip (usually at Xmas...last year was Egypt, this year - Central America)

cheers,
mel.b

For me, the determining factor comes down to when I intend to be booking the award tickets with miles earned within the next 3 quarters (including the current one).

I'm likely to ditch BD's program in larger part sometime before spring 2011, but only after re-qualifying for Gold status applicable toward the 2011-2012 membership period. And this re-qualification will be done with flights earned in the 3rd quarter of the year with the miles from those trips being booked during the 3rd and early 4th quarter of the year.
Old Jun 28, 10, 1:58 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Here is my entry for the silliest question of the week competition.

Presumably we can forget Lifetime Gold being honored, either for those who have qualified or for those like me who would qualify in 2012?

Search this Thread