Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

YES REALLY ! *Some* Wyndham finally POSTING! : Report your 'post experiences' here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YES REALLY ! *Some* Wyndham finally POSTING! : Report your 'post experiences' here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by where2travel
Indeed they do seem to be rather flawed assumptions but they are certainly not unreasonable assumptions for people to make that have taken part in a genuine promotion, acting in good faith.
They would not be normally. Execept that this is one of thouse promotions that becomes a pain.

Given that it has become a pain, and that they are posting on a thread with many pages of discussion (about just the posting of the points), then its fair to say that things are not necessarily that simple in this case, and they are probably not reasonsable assumptions once we have reached this point.

People shouldn't expect to have to follow this whole process through to a conclusion in such painstaking detail. Having said that, I agree that the answers are all in this thread somewhere (although I made the same mistake of assuming "transferred to BMI" was a positive sign that my miles were on their way rather than a totally meaningless, and possibly false, statement).
No they shoudn't normally expect, but the very existance of the thread proves we have gone beyond expectation. If poeple are going to post on a thread about something that is proving to be a problem, then perhaps it might be time for them to open their mind a bit to the full range of posibliities?

N.b. Based upon what I've seen, I'd the vast majority are not just possibly false, but very probably false. The dates certainly are.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Angry BMI I really want to like You, but...

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Look again here.

Just under The most frequently over-asked questions are here in this post.

That ain't necessarily so. No-one here has posted anything here, or in any other Wyndham/bmi thread, to indicate that, if your Wyndham account says 'Transferred to bmi', then that is a guarantee that they have actually been sent, let alone received by bmi.

I did email BMI with the shown email, thank you all for your help!! It's odd but 1 (500pt) stay posted to BMI. I am really at a loss how one stay can post and none of the others!!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by where2travel
Indeed they do seem to be rather flawed assumptions but they are certainly not unreasonable assumptions for people to make that have taken part in a genuine promotion, acting in good faith.

People shouldn't expect to have to follow this whole process through to a conclusion in such painstaking detail. Having said that, I agree that the answers are all in this thread somewhere (although I made the same mistake of assuming "transferred to BMI" was a positive sign that my miles were on their way rather than a totally meaningless, and possibly false, statement).
I did email both BMI & Wyndham on this as suggested on this thread. I however have had no responce.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I've been in touch with DC and they are looking in to things from their end. They're pretty sure they've credited everything they've received.

Having been in conatct with WR in the past, the response times can be variable; I have however, heard nothing from them since Beaubo's helpful contact suggestion. I'd say that particular supervisor has a very full bmi folder in her mailbox right now.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
They're pretty sure they've credited everything they've received.
So, if WR sends them 5k and they credit 1k for that particular transaction, who do I need to speak to?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jms_uk
So, if WR sends them 5k and they credit 1k for that particular transaction, who do I need to speak to?
I think the issue is that 5k won't have been 'sent' in the first place. bmi are crediting based upon data sent by WR, so I'd say the buck starts and ends with WR.

I have asked WR to provide details of what miles requests they made to my Diamond Club account and when those requests were sent to DC. Until I have that information, I'm not going to start bothering an already overloaded DC team to chase up miles that they will have to speak to WR about to get validation.

At least if I have dates and amounts in writing, DC can actually check and confirm / refute the WR information.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by RAPC
Until I have that information, I'm not going to start bothering an already overloaded DC team to chase up miles that they will have to speak to WR about to get validation.
A very prudent statement, RAPC - I concur with this! ^
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:18 am

Exclamation A Response

Hello George,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

Due to a technical issue not all Wyndham Rewards members have received
their BMI bonus miles. We are aware of this issue and are currently in
the process of having the issue corrected.

I have forwarded your information to an account supervisor for
processing. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the bonus miles to be posted to
your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at
1-866-996-7937, or via email at [email protected]. Our
Member Services hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 11:00 pm EST,
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Dawn
Wyndham Rewards
PO Box 4888
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4888
PH: 1-866-996-7937
Fax: 1-800-306-0671
ID#75756
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Hello George,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r)...
I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but don't you think that this sounds like just another run-around? In fact, it reminds me very much of a message I got from them:

___

Hi Henry,

Thank you for contacting us about your Wyndham Rewards account.

I received your e-mail regarding your bonus points for the BMI promotion. Upon reviewing your account, I found that you received two sets of 5000 BMI promotion points already posted to your account in February. Please contact BMI to check on your points as they are posted within 6-8 weeks of your stays. Our Wyndham Rewards accounts are not equipped to display airmiles, only Wyndham Rewards points.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 00-800-367-87477, or via email at [email protected].

Our Member Services hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 11:00 pm EST, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 11:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Bette
Wyndham Rewards
PO Box etc.
___

The thing is, I got this message on the 29th of APRIL but I have still not got any of these points in my DC account. And in light of the fact that

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
...DC ... are ... pretty sure they've credited everything they've received.
then it seems pretty clear that somebody is blowing smoke.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:44 am

Lightbulb Light at the End of the Tunnel

The letter does say that all will be resolved in two weeks. That there is now a deadline, makes me think we are almost there.@:-)
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by henry999
I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but don't you think that this sounds like just another run-around? In fact, it reminds me very much of a message I got from them:
No, I don't think that your email is similar at all to this one. Your letter is the standard response stuff that was coming from them previously. The one for gkbiiii is a proper response through the correct channel that admits the technical issue and sets timelines for it to be addressed.

A reason to be optimistic I would think. Have you re-submitted your information to WR since beaubo's advice? If not, I would recommend doing so, as your query from April almost certainly won't be addressed unless you do.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Diamond Club has outlined an explanation to the problems encountered - and matters should hopefully resolve in a reasonably short time.

The new thread continues here.

This thread is now closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.