Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Have you ever flown a bmi segment?
Yes
84.81%
No
15.19%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever flown bmi?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:34 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
a few LHR-AMS in the 98-03 timeperiod, and then a single DME-LHR redemption last year. and my TXL-LHR was 'operated by' bmi, and on a BD flight number, although apparently it was an LH flight
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: F
33 segments, probably 6-8 more this year to come.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by stewardo
the staff have a certain charm, and the fact it seems to be run enthusiastically but not always successfully from a haunted castle by WI members is pretty cool.
You should write the marketing collateral.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
647 here.
Put it away!

It says a lot that, for many of us on here, bmi will account for the majority of flights (and revenue) yet a much smaller fraction of annual qualifying miles.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:02 am

Programs: BD*G, DL G
Approx 80 segments per year LHR-BRU/CDG/AMS 2001 to 2009 until the routes got dropped
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:11 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Nice thread:

Longhaul - BGI, ANU, LAS..those were the days..
Midhaul - never, but may have an upcoming AMM..
European - CDG, BRU...may have an upcoming VIE..
Domestic - EDI, GLA, MAN..regularly in the past..
All revenue tix......
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Used to be frequent on the LHR/VCE route.
It then became seasonal so less frequent.
It then became year round again so more frequent.
It is cancelled for now so not a lot.
Very good airline IMHO.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Used to fly the ORD route from MAN. Now use them for trips up to EDI and occasionally down to LHR when connecting, BA is full or the flight times are better.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ajamieson
It says a lot that, for many of us on here, bmi will account for the majority of flights (and revenue) yet a much smaller fraction of annual qualifying miles.
Surely you don't mean someone could theoretically spend over 200 a week, fly 104 bmi sectors a year, and not get anywhere near a Gold Card, do you? Don't be ridiculous!

I'm glad, or should that be sad, to say I'm in Oxon Flyer territory having flown British Midland, bmi British Midland, bmi and now British Midland International for uhhh.....a year or two. I also remember earning Gold by collecting 1200 points.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Me too

There were loopholes even then, though...I seem to recall a generous number of points for flights within South America, for example.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In 2001 I bought a codeshare BD ticket online (MUC-LHR operated by LH). BD messed up my booking making it a paper ticket to be picked up at the LH ticket counter. I was already late for my flight and missed it because of that. LH put me on standby for the next flight on a friday evening and I actually made it ^

I guess that qualifies as a BD flight I experience BDs IT 5 years before I became a bmi DC addict.

Wanted to fly BD to BOM and ORD, but everytime I was about to book they cancelled the route
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC, my first bmi flight was BFS-LHR. Since then, bmi has taken me to/from: EDI/GLA/MAN/DUB/BHD/BRU/AMS/MAD/CDG/NCE/ORD/LAS/BOM. Sadly, my bmi flights have dwindled to a trickle as the mid-haul network if of little interest to me and I tend to have switched primarily to BA for non-Irish routes.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ajamieson
There were loopholes even then, though...I seem to recall a generous number of points for flights within South America, for example.
I also remember the move from points to miles being probably the greatest devaluation of spending power in FFP history.

As to bmi routes flown? they've all been shorthaul; and I can't even begin to think of the number I've been on over the years that have long since disappeared. PRG/BUD/LIN/BCN/MAD to name just a few.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Plenty for me.

463 sectors on the LHR-AMS-LHR route before it got canned.

Over 150 sectors on LHR-DUB-LHR.

About 30 sectors on LHR-MAN-LHR

All paid tickets

Redemptions on BMI metal to:
Barbados
Cairo
and from Chicago

Loved them all, they always got me home one way or another and the longhauls were superb.

RIP AMS you are sorely missed.

Best wishes from Singapore (another successful redemption, thank you FlyerTalk).

20-Horse
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: BD,Skyteam,QF
Only DUB-LHR, but used to be quite regular traveller on that route.
Longhaul destination is MEL, so most of my miles are earned via Singapore Airlines. Would use BD if it had more routes from Dublin. It doesn't seem practical to take 2 legs, when I can get direct flights to a destination, especially when the changeover is LHR .
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Many times and to many places over the years, many of which are sadly routes consigned to the past....

LHR from/to
GLA, EDI, BFS, INV, LBA, MAN, CDG, ORY, AMS, BRU, NCE, HAJ, ESB, BOM

MAN from/to
ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.