Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

CO Z fare on UA metal earning multiplier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold

Any idea about this? I can book a CO Z fare, which is basically fully flexible and books into UA First class. The lowest UA fare getting me in F is very restricted, and a bit more expensive... Any idea into which UA fare class this maps? This particular UA (domestic) flight has only first and economy fare buckets for sale, it isn't a continuation of an international flight.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
it should book into A-class in this case. You have 24 hrs to cancel for free in case they somehow book this into Z on UA.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
On a transatlantic CO Z-class on a UA codeshare is discounted business, non-changeable, non-refundable and books into UA Z-class earning 1x miles. I would only expect you to get A-class on a domestic if this were part of a transatlantic booking. What are the details of the flight you are looking at?

Last edited by lhr baby; Feb 21, 2010 at 7:47 am
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhr baby
CO Z-class on a UA codeshare is discounted business and books into UA Z-class earning 1x miles. Where do you get the information that its first class or fully flexible?
UA domestic flights do NOT have Z-class (unless it is a continuation from a TATL or TPAC flight)! If you book a LH Z-class with a domestic UA segment it will book into A. I am taking this info and would propose the same mapping to be true for CO. Try and see what ITA comes up with when you force the segment in as a UA flight (this sometimes works). Most airlines allow you to cancel within 24 hours, so no harm to try.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by lhr baby
On a transatlantic CO Z-class on a UA codeshare is discounted business, non-changeable, non-refundable and books into UA Z-class earning 1x miles
it is now *2.0
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Just to be clear - this is LAX-SFO one-way. It's a CO BA7UPQN fare, ITA has the following info:

ECONOMY UNRESTRICTED FARES Z
FOR ONE WAY FARES

CHANGES
CHANGES PERMITTED.
NOTE -
A. UNUSED TICKETS ARE FULLY REFUNDABLE.
B. THE UNUSED PORTION OF A PARTIALLY USED TICKET
IS REFUNDABLE TO THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.
WHEN ROUND TRIP FARES WERE ORIGINALLY USED - TO
DETERMINE THE REFUND - REPRICE THE ORIGINAL
OUTBOUND AS A OW FARE USING CURRENT REFUNDABLE
OW FARES. ANY RESIDUAL WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE
ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.
CHANGES PERMITTED.

Interestingly enough this now prices exactly the same as a US A07AE0NU fare, which is non-refundable and has a $150 change penalty

Somehow the only UA fare coming up is a HUAUP fare, which is $595 as opposed to $196 for CO/US on exactly the same flight.

But maybe I should go for the AA fare ($183) which gives me 60 BAEC TPs
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankvb
Just to be clear - this is LAX-SFO one-way. It's a CO BA7UPQN fare, ITA has the following info:

ECONOMY UNRESTRICTED FARES Z
FOR ONE WAY FARES

CHANGES
CHANGES PERMITTED.
NOTE -
A. UNUSED TICKETS ARE FULLY REFUNDABLE.
B. THE UNUSED PORTION OF A PARTIALLY USED TICKET
IS REFUNDABLE TO THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.
WHEN ROUND TRIP FARES WERE ORIGINALLY USED - TO
DETERMINE THE REFUND - REPRICE THE ORIGINAL
OUTBOUND AS A OW FARE USING CURRENT REFUNDABLE
OW FARES. ANY RESIDUAL WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE
ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.
CHANGES PERMITTED.

Interestingly enough this now prices exactly the same as a US A07AE0NU fare, which is non-refundable and has a $150 change penalty

Somehow the only UA fare coming up is a HUAUP fare, which is $595 as opposed to $196 for CO/US on exactly the same flight.

But maybe I should go for the AA fare ($183) which gives me 60 BAEC TPs
XUP fares book into A on UA and should give 300%. I'd book it and see how it looks on the UA side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.