Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

*A First redemptions - x2.5 or x2.0? And a discussion on TG F class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A First redemptions - x2.5 or x2.0? And a discussion on TG F class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:41 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Here's the current TG F seat:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai-...1b6170f64447bc

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai-...1b6170f64447bc
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
which you may or may not get to sit in. And who wants to pay F to fly C?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Mr H
which you may or may not get to sit in. And who wants to pay F to fly C?
Look - you've made your point on multiple occasions now. Either add something new, or let it go please.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
We're on the edge of something less than pleasant. I'm going to ask nicely - and only once - that points that have already been made are not made again and that people keep a cool head when posting. I would hate to see posts or posters dissappear.

With thanks,

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: BD*LG (fwiw!;-)
Just to add a view from a fairly recent trip (LHR-BKK-SGN;... BKK-LHR, Nov2009) I would say that the service was exceptional.
My wife and I had a fantastic trip and were amazed by the level of service provided. e.g. we were connecting from Phuket to Bangkok for our journey home, on a separate ticket. As soon as they realised we were F from BKK a Thai employee magically appeared by our side, whisked us through HKT security, etc. and put us into a reserved booth in the lounge. Then, when the plane arrived at BKK we were called out on the jetway and taken via a private mini bus directly to the lounge (where we had a great massage and some more awesome pad thai!
The cabin might look a little dated, but the seats lie totally flat and we found them very comfortable - my wife slept 11 hours on the way out - I was too busy enjoying the food and drink service!
As for the FA's... they were all very attentive and made us feel very comfortable without being on top of us all the time.
It truly was a first class service and well worth the 2.5x miles and cash paid

Regards

David
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:52 am

While I do understand the sentiment regarding equipment swap (I too had experience it before) and the need to slum it out in a "old" seats, but TG is by no means the only airline with such antique seats. In fact, I just recently returned from a flight on KE from Sin to Icn in business. Granted it is only a 5h flight, but the seats in all classes are no better than TG. I don't travel frequently on KE, in fact, this was my first time on them. Speaking to the nice ladies on board serving me, I believe that such antique do exist on their fleet that travel to europe and across the pacific too.

FT is indeed a very unique community. I still remember the excitment I have the very first time I step onto the upper deck of the TG747 where I had my very first business class flight. Believe me, it was not that long ago...i think it should still be single digit count.... although not for too long now.

Ever since, whenever I am lucky enough to be able to experience the premium service of any airlines, I always count my lucky star that I am able to afford it, whether by cash or with miles. This is applicable to whichever airline it might be that no matter how "bad" the seats are, it could have been worst. Perhaps we need to remind ourselves sometimes that there are worst seats at the back and I will take "suffering" for 12h in first on the TG 747 anytime.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: BD*LG (fwiw!;-)
Originally Posted by Grounded again
Ever since, whenever I am lucky enough to be able to experience the premium service of any airlines, I always count my lucky star that I am able to afford it, whether by cash or with miles. This is applicable to whichever airline it might be that no matter how "bad" the seats are, it could have been worst. Perhaps we need to remind ourselves sometimes that there are worst seats at the back and I will take "suffering" for 12h in first on the TG 747 anytime.
+1 ^

Good point, well made!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I really like TG First, however, I would not waste my miles for it. I flew them twice in F to China via Bangkok last year and the fare from Germany was in the range of 3800 Euro all in. Currently they offer Bangkok for 2799 Euro and Shanghai for 3541 Euro. All of these flights are 3,25 miles (or at this time 6,25 for me) and this was awesome value and paid for another LX F/C flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.