Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: Has anyone earned any points with Europcar ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: Has anyone earned any points with Europcar ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Has anyone earned any points with Europcar ?

I've had 17 rentals with Europcar since last September and not one of them has posted to my BMI account. I have filled in the online retro credit form and got the same response each time:

I made the necessary in our system and thanks to your rental; points will be credited as soon as possible on your BDD account.

However, I still don't have anything posted. I'm thinking of moving back to Hertz and posting to my FB account instead.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
I've had 3 rentals last year (1 each in the UK, France and Poland, if this makes any difference). 2 posted correctly but the 3rd one (was actually the 1st one) was a huge pain. I submitted the online retrocredit form twice, then 2 months later (!) I got an email from them saying the points had been credited. Turns out they were referring to another rental. I emailed back explaining (again!) and 2 days later the points were credited.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
My one and only Europcar rental posted correctly, immediately, with no hassle. That may have just been lucky...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by raikje
My one and only Europcar rental posted correctly, immediately, with no hassle. That may have just been lucky...
My first one credit within a week or so...second one 2 weeks and counting...haven't got the final invoice either, didn't have time to refuel!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My EC rentals in Germany show up as Miles.com purchases and very differently:

22-Jan-2010 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 1500 0
18-Jan-2010 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 500 0
15-Jan-2010 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 1500 0
30-Dec-2009 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 3000 0
15-Dec-2009 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 500 0
14-Dec-2009 Partner Miles.Com Transaction 2000 0
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by oliver2002
My EC rentals in Germany show up as Miles.com purchases and very differently:
Forgot to say, yes, all my rentals also show up as "miles.com transaction".
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I think I may have credit for a Europcar retroclaim:
19-Feb-2010 Campaign Bonus: Campaign Flight Y1K - APO 1000 0
I can't think what else this 'flight' refers to.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Roger
I think I may have credit for a Europcar retroclaim:

I can't think what else this 'flight' refers to.
I have received exeactly the same points. I had 2 Europcar rentals in Feb, but both were earlier than 19 Feb. I do not recall signing up for other promotion. Hopefully it is not the Europcar points as I was expecting more than 1000 points for these rentals...
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I see that several of us have received this bonus - there's now a separate thread - so the mystery continues.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I don't think the 19-Feb-2010 Campaign Bonus: Campaign Flight Y1K - APO is anything to do with Europcar. The bonus was double miles between 15/09/09 and 31/10/09 and 1000 miles doesn't correspond to either a public or a coporate rate bonus (1500 and 500 respectively).

I've had a nightmare chasing Europcar miles but got them eventually through perseverance. Not really a DC problem so much as a Europcar problem. I used to collect HHonors points and had the same problems there. The claim form on DC and HHonors redirects you to a Europcar website and when you submit a claim there it tends to get ignored or processed incorrectly more often than not. I've only been able to get things sorted out by chasing DC or HHonors directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.