Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Z2 - Z2 via Z5 (IST - LCA via CAI) possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Z2 - Z2 via Z5 (IST - LCA via CAI) possible?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:19 pm

MPM is only relevant when there is no published routing. If there is a published routing then that supercedes any MPM restrictions that may apply. MPM basically means you can route via any intermediate points provided that the sum of the TPMs between each set of points does not exceed MPM.

If LH/LX published a routing SSG-DLA via FRA/ZRH then yes, you could probably ticket it as a Z5-Z5 award. They do not do so and hence MPM restrictions would apply instead. Flying from ACC-BOM (my regular route), LH actually publishes a routing ACC-FRA-BOM so this becomes a legal routing even though it blows the MPM out of the water.

In practical terms this can be best approximated by the *A timetable which lists legal MPM connections as well as published routings for each city pair. Indeed, that is the logic used by Innovata to build the timetable in the first place.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:03 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes but these days with electronic ticketing, the no-show segment or unused segment on a ticket would AUTOMATICALLY be transmitted to the issuing airline. So in true facts, BMI would eventually know about it.
Wow, I did not know this was the case Makes me wonder whether anyone has ever been charged by BMI for not completing their award flight...

But I really don't understand what the deal is with this. I paid for the award and BMI has paid whatever airline for the seat. If I choose not to fly on a segment and let the operating carrier know in advance they could possibly still sell my seat and make a double profit. I'm sure that they don't have to pay the money back to BMI for the unsued sector, do they?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I'm sure that they don't have to pay the money back to BMI for the unsued sector, do they?
Actually the settlement is conducted after transportation is provided, so BMI doesn't actually pay them until after they transport you.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Actually the settlement is conducted after transportation is provided, so BMI doesn't actually pay them until after they transport you.
How does that square with SQ and others needing redemption bookings ticketed within 24 hours?

Not saying it isn't as you say (and that would explain why unflown redemptions on non BD metal would be cancelled if BD closed), but it's a part of the system that has always been mysterious to me.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Ticketing queues - SQ want that seat ticketed (and thus payment likely) or returned to available inventory.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
IST to LCA the scenic route?

I hoped I could do Istanbul to Larnaca via Cairo on *A members but the ICC tell me the only valid routes are via FRA or VIE with LH/OT

does this sound right as it is a very long way round for a short trip !
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:15 am

Staralliance.com is a good indication of the valid routes and they only show via Cairo (either TK or MS from IST to CAI then the MS flight from CAI to LCA)

These flights do not operate on a Tues, Sat or Sun so could that be why they are pushing you elsewhere?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Same question?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-possible.html
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
I thought that guys but the (male) ICC rep would not budge on routing so I gave up and will call tomorrow.

cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've combined these 2 threads into one and left it as a standalone thread rather than combining it with the "is this a valid route ?" master thread, as there's an important redemption question here : the ICC refusing to offer the standard *A routing and instead offering a very roundabout, 'non-approved' route.

O F
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I've combined these 2 threads into one and left it as a standalone thread rather than combining it with the "is this a valid route ?" master thread, as there's an important redemption question here : the ICC refusing to offer the standard *A routing and instead offering a very roundabout, 'non-approved' route.

O F
I agree. I also believe that the title of this theard should be change to something like "Are award flights which begin and end in the same zone permited while the connection is within other zone?" or "Redeem help: awards that begin and end in the same zone, connection in other zone".
Old Feb 21, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Basically as much as the *A is the world's preferred alliance, we have to accept the fact that there are some places that is simply not possible to fly to on any partner.

So if you can't get there using points, you'd have to buy a ticket there yourself and it won't be on a *A carrier, that's all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.