FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1048122-earn-5000-bmi-miles-per-stay-wyndham-hotel-group-discussion-thread.html)

RAPC Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 13415926)
It carries into the booking confirmation email you receive. When getting to the actual hotel, it doesn't carry into their information.

So, 6 weeks for WR credit, then another 6-8 for BMI? By early June, those points should credit...

June you say? Optimistic, I actually had July (middle of) as my estimated time of miles arrival. I've factored in a few extra weeks of Wyndham denying any knowledge of our stays before it is escalated again by DC.

Minneapolis Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

I'll parrot the other posts here... Just checked into a US Wyndham property today and no Wyndham Rewards number on file. The clerk grudgingly added it to the reservation.

On an aside: how are the US folks tolerating this promo? The Wyndham branded properties in cities that I travel too are, for the most part, garbage. I am in a Ramada right now and trying to not touch any horizontal or vertical surface.

murphyUA Feb 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 320x240; VZW; UTStar-XV6175; Window Mobile 6.1 Standard;)

I have checked in to two hotels now, and the paper I have signed have both had the Whyndham number on it. It better be enough :D

2mg Feb 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID (Post 13414791)
I sent in a retro-credit request from their website, and the response indicated that the stay has already been credited to my account. Imagine my surprise when I checked my online WR account to find... it had not been credited!

I bet this is going to be a nightmare, getting these BMI miles from this promo. Last night, I needed a hotel somewhere near Seattle and couldn't be bothered to sleep at one of their properties at the risk of not even getting the BMI miles in the end.

Never mind that one would spend a hefty amount trying to acquire the miles only to learn 4 months from now the promo wasn't applicable to certain properties/stays.

al613 Feb 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 13418312)
On an aside: how are the US folks tolerating this promo? The Wyndham branded properties in cities that I travel too are, for the most part, garbage. I am in a Ramada right now and trying to not touch any horizontal or vertical surface.

I'm just using Wyndham and Wingate.

icurhere2 Feb 18, 2010 10:25 pm

I had an incident with a Knights Inn, a serviceable Days Inn (went from 5 sunbursts to 3), a decent Baymont, and a less-desirable Baymont.

OttoMH Feb 19, 2010 2:44 am

A tale of two Day's Inn's?

Hounslow East - nice
South Mimms - not so nice

Anyway, two down... now.. how to stay again twice before next weekend?

bpoe19 Feb 19, 2010 8:16 am

I just don't stay in the rooms. Check in, settle bill, get receipt, go home...$35 for cheapest property (Days Inn) in OKC--rooms actually not as bad as I thought they would be. I keep going back there, because my stays and bonus miles are posting to the WR accounts on days 3 and 4 respectively after the stay. I have all 4 of my stays/bonus credited and my wife has 1 of 2 so far. Now, we'll see how smoothly the transfer is to bmi in a few weeks.

jms_uk Feb 19, 2010 10:13 am

Ramada Warrington tonight again :D

RAPC Feb 19, 2010 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 13421572)
Ramada Warrington tonight again :D

Snap for me, the wife and her sister :D

We'll be the clueless trio checking in with no bags :D

BristolTraveller Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Have just come back from a night in the Days Inn "Westminster" (Pimlico). £49 for the night. Small room, clean enough, bit smelly, well appointed. I'd do it again.

No sign of Wyndham number on booking, or the invoice - despite me asking them to add it. So I look forward to retro-claim-purgatory.

rareair Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Coming at you live from the Days Hotel, Scratchwood (London Gateway) Services. 5 Mile detour on my way to work, thought i'd stop by and watch the east enders special and enjoy a cup of tea in the room since i've paid a whole £29 for it.

Surprisingly good. I've even taken some photos of the room.

If I manage to work out how to upload them will pop them up later.

Not quite as nice as the Wydnham Grand at Chelsea Harbour last week though!

jms_uk Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller (Post 13422990)
No sign of Wyndham number on booking, or the invoice - despite me asking them to add it. So I look forward to retro-claim-purgatory.

Today, at the check in in Ramada Warrington I was told my number was already in the system - but I suppose this is due to the fact I stayed in this particular hotel before, not improvement of WR reservation.

Nearly missed that their reservation people combined today's and tomorrow's one night bookings into a single 2-night booking.

She wasn't very happy that I asked her to change it :D

And maybe that's why I had to remind her for my WR water & kitkat :D

Off to meet some friends in Manchester tomorrow and back in the afternoon/evening.

I also have a feeling that it will be a retro credit battle...

GoldCircle Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

And live from the Days Hotel, Parkwest, Dublin... trip report as above, except the heating was on in the room today, TV reception perfect and I'm on the 4th floor with a breathtaking view of a field covered over with hardcore.

Oh, and the Nutrigrain in the goodie bag apparently has "even more fruit" compared to last weekend. Funny, it never occurred to me that there might actually be real fruit in there. One of my 5 a day, so. :D

RAPC Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 13424039)
Today, at the check in in Ramada Warrington I was told my number was already in the system - but I suppose this is due to the fact I stayed in this particular hotel before, not improvement of WR reservation.

Yeah, the same thing happened with the sister-in-law as tonight was her 2nd stay and they had her details.

Nearly missed that their reservation people combined today's and tomorrow's one night bookings into a single 2-night booking.
Keep in mind that will still technically be 1 stay as consecutive nights are one stay, even on 2 bookings as per the promo T&Cs. You may get lucky though, but even if the hotel splits it up, Wyndham's systems may spot it. (Probably not though from current evidence of their tracking!)

Checked in earlier ourselves. Swiped the Kit-Kat and water. Checked out the rooms (not bad). Had a cup of coffee and came home. Back tomorrow for another coffee to check out. Easy :D