FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1048122-earn-5000-bmi-miles-per-stay-wyndham-hotel-group-discussion-thread.html)

kats Feb 5, 2010 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81 (Post 13328189)
VERY CONFUSED :confused:
Of which there is only 4 operated in Australia but there is numerous in Thailand and Indonesia also (ones which I might use). However, then when you click the link saying for a list of countries that participate go here:
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/UK/earn/hotels/countries/

there is no mention of a lot of the countries in which they have hotels (including Australia)!

It's a great promo, but many countries do not qualify! I was going to make 4 stays at Ramada Bangkok until I saw the list of countries eligible for the promo. Only China in Asia??

Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Canada
China
Czech Republic
Finland
France
Germany
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Mexico
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

cfischer Feb 5, 2010 7:50 pm

nice promo! VERY tempting :p

I guess the F&F rates son't qualify?

libuser Feb 5, 2010 10:53 pm

F&F DO NOT qualify
why go to monterrey ?

Places in Midwest are ridiculously cheap. I booked several stays in Cincinnati for $30 w/AAA per night with free breakfast and gym after work, of course right next to my workplace. Heck some properties in torn Michigan are under $25 after tax.
Easy perk to get 120k miles for all my relatives + all the perks from the hotel. Amazing promo. : )

libuser Feb 5, 2010 10:54 pm

and of course my rewards will be used with CO where taxes are under $100 for SA. : )

youfly Feb 6, 2010 12:43 am

Hi, Yes China seems to be the only country in Asia which qualifies for this stay.

I checked that the cheapest Ramada in Shanghai on the official website will cost around 34 pounds taxes included, not too bad I guess?

However, could we also save 500-1000 additional miles if we book it on FLYBMI.COM??? Or this online agency rate will not qualify???

Cheers!

abcx Feb 6, 2010 1:47 am

Originally Posted by libuser (Post 13336003)
and of course my rewards will be used with CO where taxes are under $100 for SA. : )

Don't you still have to pay $290 in YQ?

abcx Feb 6, 2010 2:09 am

Originally Posted by whakojacko (Post 13328831)
Travelodge San Francisco Airport North has rooms for $39.00 + tax, not terrible.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 13329606)
$35 with AAA discount. With tax $42.

Wonder how strict they are about the person on the reservation actually being there at check-in time, i.e., can I book one room in my name and one in my wife's and just check in for both of them.

That does seem like the cheapest in the Bay Area and is probably ideal for me as I don't have a car. SamTrans to SFO for $3 rt and then Travelodge shuttle. The things we do for miles.

notquiteaff: if you find out how liberal they are about letting you check in with another person's name, please do report back. I imagine I could try doing this as a walk up too since I don't think their walk up rate would be different from the Internet rate.

I also wonder if the manager of the property would be willing to cut a special deal since I don't intend to use the room...

dannyrado Feb 6, 2010 2:25 am

Anyone know if the "ramada encore" brand in the UK qualifies?:confused:

GoldCircle Feb 6, 2010 3:11 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 13333094)
I just want to welcome all the strangers to the bmi board (Americans, BA people, Senior Mods, rednecks etc.) that have been drawn in by this promotion. You might even be tempted to fly with bmi one day, perhaps? :D

And a Talkboard President too. :D

This promo is like fly paper. :D

soonerfanatic Feb 6, 2010 5:47 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 13336647)
And a Talkboard President too. :D

This promo is like fly paper. :D

:D 70K earned last year from Hilton, and now planning to earn 20K more. Have never been on a bmi aircraft.

There are sub $30 rates in the Atlanta area.....^

Thanks bmi!

GoldCircle Feb 6, 2010 6:45 am

I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)

thecmg Feb 6, 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic (Post 13336938)
:D 70K earned last year from Hilton, and now planning to earn 20K more. Have never been on a bmi aircraft.

There are sub $30 rates in the Atlanta area.....^

Thanks bmi!

Where did you find these??? The lowest I was coming up with was high 30's.

Roger Feb 6, 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 13337110)
... the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

:D

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)
This bit pasted in white didn't appear in your post (in my Firefox browser, at least) and I wondered if I had missed something. I do try to keep up. :)

gleff Feb 6, 2010 9:02 am

Oh, you're too funny :D

I do visit this forum often, I just don't post frequently as I'm hardly a program expert, I just read to learn and always do my Hilton double dips with bmi.. and credit just enough flying to requalify Gold each year.

layz Feb 6, 2010 10:18 am

I sometimes stay in the Ramada near LCY (the second closest hotel to the airport - I tried the travelodge once but it was uncomfortable for me) but I've got no trips from there planned during the promotional period.