FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1048122-earn-5000-bmi-miles-per-stay-wyndham-hotel-group-discussion-thread.html)

skywalkerLAX Feb 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyliu88 (Post 13484087)
I think it will be like Hilton posting to BMI ,once per month.

It will be interesting to see how THAT goes. It's just about 2 stays for me where I would have needed to stay at a Days Inn / Ramada anyway (remote location).

After all the issues with Hertz / Hilton Promos that never showed up I have to say I'm not really in high hopes for this one.

Fingers crossed ! :)

Doug_1970 Mar 1, 2010 2:23 am

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller (Post 13480669)
Stays : 2 (19th and 24th Feb)
Points posted : 0
Number of times I had to ask to add my WR number to the booking : 7
Number of times it appeared on any invoice or statement : 0
Expected hours of chasing up miles to eventually end up in my DC account : 4

It is, indeed, a match made in heaven.

I stayed at the Days Inn Oxford (Welcome Break Services), here's my stats.

Number of times I had to ask to add my WR number to the booking : 3
Estimated thickness in " of the walls in the hotel: 1
Number of lorry drivers who visited the woman in the room next to me during the night: 3
Estimated earnings of the woman in the room next to me in one night : £120
Hours of sleep I got : 1
Likelihood of me staying at another Wyndham property : 0

And I haven't made any of this up.

SuperFlyBoy Mar 1, 2010 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Doug_1970 (Post 13485782)
I stayed at the Days Inn Oxford (Welcome Break Services), here's my stats.

Number of times I had to ask to add my WR number to the booking : 3
Estimated thickness in " of the walls in the hotel: 1
Number of lorry drivers who visited the woman in the room next to me during the night: 3
Estimated earnings of the woman in the room next to me in one night : £120
Hours of sleep I got : 1
Likelihood of me staying at another Wyndham property : 0

And I haven't made any of this up.

This is good stuff! ^

Oxon Flyer Mar 1, 2010 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Doug_1970 (Post 13485782)
I stayed at the Days Inn Oxford (Welcome Break Services),

Rumbled, dammit. :D

RAPC Mar 1, 2010 2:51 am

I did the last of my 4 stays last night at the Days Inn M1 Sheffield, which is at Woodhall Services.

We had a couple of rooms as I had my mum in tow for a bit of a weekend away. This property is actually the original UK Days Inn and I was told that it hasn't had a major refurbishment since it opened except for regular repainting etc. It was actually in pretty good shape though. By no stretch luxurious, but it did have clean and spacious rooms.

Continental breakfast for £4.95 wasn't bad either. You get a tray delivered to your room at your selected time. This included toast or a croissant, a yoghurt, an apple, cereal, a bottle of fresh orange juice and a newspaper. (The Independent on Sunday)

Rooms were pretty quiet, but I think the hotel tends to be quiet at weekends anyway.

For anyone considering doing any more stays in March now that the promotion has been extended, then this property is worth considering for £29 on an advanced booking rate.

Overall due to this promo I have done 4 stays that would not have gone to the Wyndham family of hotels. One stay was very poor (Ramada Bradford) but the other 3 properties (Ramada Dockland, Ramada Encore Warrington and this Days Inn) have all exceeded expectations, albeit from a low base.

The net result is that I would consider the occasional stay at some of their properties even outside of the promo window. A lot of their properties do appear to be as bad as the reviews in this thread suggest, but there are a number of good solid ones that offer very good value too.

Putting to one side the pain of getting these promo miles to credit, I think this has probably been a very good promo for both Wyndham and Diamond Club. I'm certainly happy to have been able to make use of it.

RAPC Mar 1, 2010 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 13485817)
Rumbled, dammit. :D

So how much did you earn then? Was £120 about right? ;)

BristolTraveller Mar 1, 2010 9:42 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 13485836)
Putting to one side the pain of getting these promo miles to credit, I think this has probably been a very good promo for both Wyndham and Diamond Club. I'm certainly happy to have been able to make use of it.

I'd agree. I had my expectations (albeit low) mildly exceeded. I'd stay at a Days Inn again, as they met my basic requirement of clean and well maintained. Sounds like a "win-win" to me.

I am now off to throttle myself of using that appalling piece of management speak.

atomicc8 Mar 1, 2010 10:52 am

I stayed at the Days Inn Fleet services last night it was quiet and pretty clean. Cost £21 so just hoping the miles end up posting now.

Just checked the Wyndham Rewards site and it appears that the promotion has been extended through March (unless I am missing something?)

Eligibility. The “Stay and Get 5,000 Bonus Miles” promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to members, in good standing, of the Wyndham Rewards Guest Rewards Programme (“Wyndham Rewards”) who have elected to earn bmi Diamond Club destinations miles in their member profile. To qualify for 5,000 destinations miles with Diamond Club, the member must (i) Join Wyndham Rewards and choose to earn bmi Diamond Club destinations miles in his/her Wyndham Rewards member profile (ii) book a reservation for and complete a stay at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards programme at a qualifying rate between 3 February 2010 and 31 March 2010 (the “Promotion Period”) and (iii) complete their stay by 31 March 2010. Members who check-out after 31 March 2010 will not receive any bonus miles. Rates offered by most online travel agencies and certain other rates such as wholesale, group, packaged and employee rates do not qualify for this promotion. Qualifying Stays do not include “no-shows” for a stay even if the member is charged for the stay. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Limit four (4) bonus mile awards per member during the Promotion Period. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of the qualifying stays for the destinations miles to be credited to their Diamond Club accounts. Hotels participating in this promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites® Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge® (US hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels. Click here for the full list of countries in which there are participating hotels. Wyndham Hotel Group reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
All standard bmi Diamond Club terms and conditions apply.

BristolTraveller Mar 1, 2010 11:57 am

Extended you say?

Well, that's exactly what it does say on the Wyndhams site (although the registration link is broken, so I'll say again that it seems to be the perfect partner for BD).

Two points:
  • Who's going to be the first person to risk it?
  • How cross is RAPC going to be at bashing his way through 4 stays in 10 days....

RAPC Mar 1, 2010 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller (Post 13488472)
[*]How cross is RAPC going to be at bashing his way through 4 stays in 10 days....

Cross? It was a pleasure. Although I'd have happily swapped the Ramada in Bradford for a stay anywhere else in the Wyndham UK family. (Excluding the room next to the truckers!)

Anyway, this means I can pack the wife and my mother off for some additional stays in March now instead :D

BristolTraveller Mar 1, 2010 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 13488535)
Cross? It was a pleasure. Although I'd have happily swapped the Ramada in Bradford for a stay anywhere else in the Wyndham UK family. (Excluding the room next to the truckers!)

Anyway, this means I can pack the wife and my mother off for some additional stays in March now instead :D

Family Accounts - a whole new avenue of opportunities and exploitation...

Doug_1970 Mar 2, 2010 2:44 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 13485789)
This is good stuff! ^

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I didn't think it was good stuff.

You can only listen to a hairy arsed (I'm guessing here, but I bet I'm right) lorry driver sounding like he's having an asthma attack on a trampoline, for a short time before it loses the comedy value.

henry999 Mar 2, 2010 10:31 am

Non-staying

For those of you who have checked in and then ten minutes later checked out: what is the check-out date on the receipt? Is it that day or (as would be normal if you spent the night) the following day?

I will be near a participating hotel on 31.3. The rules say check-outs after 31.3. do not qualify for the bonus. The room is cheap but even so, if I know in advance that it's not going to work then I don't want to just throw money away.

cheers,

Henry

RAPC Mar 2, 2010 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by henry999 (Post 13495276)
For those of you who have checked in and then ten minutes later checked out: what is the check-out date on the receipt? Is it that day or (as would be normal if you spent the night) the following day?

It is the day after. The hotel reservation will allocate you a room for 31/3 - 1/4. Their system still shows that, even if checking out early.

If you can make it earlier in the day, book a room for 30/3 - 31/3 and tell them you will be checking in / settling up the morning of check-out.

ashaboe Mar 2, 2010 12:04 pm

I registered 2 existing accts via WR's website and got email confirmations that the accts. have now been registered for the promo ... for those who do not think that registration is necessary, pls. note the following:

"Hi [ashaboe],

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

I have registered you for the BMI Airline Promotion on 03/02/2010.

You need to be registered before the completion of the promotion on
03/31/2010.
"