FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1048122-earn-5000-bmi-miles-per-stay-wyndham-hotel-group-discussion-thread.html)

jms_uk Mar 10, 2010 1:29 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali (Post 13545987)
has anybody seen the miles on their BMI account just yet?!?

Of course not - you have to wait [at least] 6 weeks.

RAPC Mar 10, 2010 1:30 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali (Post 13545987)
So some of us (me included) are seeing the 5,000 bonuses posted on their Wyndham Rewards accounts, but the real question is - has anybody seen the miles on their BMI account just yet?!?

No - because this thread would be a hive of activity discussing it as soon as it happens :D

Oxon Flyer Mar 11, 2010 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 13544218)
...but not necessarily with anything useful that remotely answers the question you ask them.

Reading through all the posted replies in this thread I do not see definitive answers to :

Q1 : Do I need to register to get the bmi bonus ? (Hint : The answer is either "Yes" or "No")
Q1a : If Q1 = "Yes", and I already have an account, then how ?

so, in response to an e-mail specifically asking "does one need to register to get the bmi promo miles" I got back :

Hello Oxon,
Thank you for contacting us about your Wyndham RewardsŪ account.

I reviewed your account, and I am happy to tell you that you are registered for the BMI bonus miles promotion. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to credit and contact BMI for your miles balance.
maddining. :(

sofasurfer Mar 11, 2010 8:58 am

Originally Posted by mel.b (Post 13357222)
Anyone know if you would be able to claim for the same night in two seperate hotels?

I've just read through the entire thread, and can't see anything that states you cannot.

Also, I've just reviewed the T&Cs of the offer on the WR site and can't see anything that says you cannot...

Mrs Sofasurfer and I are off to Niagara Falls for an overnight stay this weekend, and there are several Wyndham properties in the area.

We've only currently booked rooms for the property we'll be staying at, but I'm now seriously considering making a booking at another nearby property, if they still have a decent rate...

I haven't checked the rates for other properties yet - but would there be any issues with us checking us in to multiple properties in the same town on the same night?

I might just try it at two, and see about doing another overnight later this month (checking in to a room each at two locations) - should be able to do this before the end of the month, and it might be less hassle.

But has anyone tried this? And have the points/miles posted?

Raffles Mar 11, 2010 9:01 am

Bound to be some sort of rule somewhere (or else their IT will get confused). But if you do each stay in a different name crediting to a different BMI account you'll be fine.

mnmag Mar 11, 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by yyliu88 (Post 13546217)
I have mentioned in original promotion thread, but it seems like posts got ignored, and many people still have bonus posting problem!

If you did not enroll Wyndham Rewards via the promotion "join now" link, you must contact WR customer Service to manually enroll BMIPRO10 for you, otherwise, bonus will not be posted!

Even if you enrolled via above link, but no bonus posted within 4 days after ur stay posted, contact CSR to check enrollment of BMIPRO10

My stay was posted in mid Feb, but no bonus showed up after few weeks as my friend got them in 4 days. I emailed CSR to manually enroll BMIPRO10 on March 3rd, got reply on March 6th, all bonus showed up on March 9th.

BMI Welcome Promotion Feb 15, 2010 Feb 16, 2010 $ 5000 1 5,000 BMI DIAMOND CLUB DESTINATIONS MILES
BMI Welcome Promotion Feb 11, 2010 Feb 12, 2010 $ 5000 1 5,000 BMI DIAMOND CLUB DESTINATIONS MILES
BMI Welcome Promotion Feb 14, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 $ 5000 1 5,000 BMI DIAMOND CLUB DESTINATIONS MILES
BMI Welcome Promotion Feb 13, 2010 Feb 14, 2010 $ 5000 1 5,000 BMI DIAMOND CLUB DESTINATIONS MILES

If you don't want to fight for bonus later, call or email them now!

Mods, please leave the thread for few days before merging to the original promotion thread.

Thank you for posting this information!^ I've been waiting for the bonus miles to post & wondered what I needed to do to participate in this promo!:confused::rolleyes:

NordsFan Mar 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Lo and behold, the 4 x 5,000 bonus miles appeared in my WR account overnight.

I think the advice given here to write in via the customer service function on the WR site is quite valid as it seems that all of us who have done so have seen both basic and bonus miles appear within a few days, along with e-mail confirmation from WR that registration for the promo is OK.

This might come in handy if the credits don't show up in our DC accounts within the stated 6-8 weeks.

jms_uk Mar 11, 2010 2:02 pm

My stays from Ramada Encore Warrington were not posting, so I decided to give them a call. They assured me over the phone that they will get them to Wyndham, and during the following night, the night manager emailed me this:

Hi,

With regards to your stay with ourselves 12th/13th February and 19th/20th February I have now updated your Wyndham Reward Points
for these dates.

Thank-you
And today, couple of days later WR account shows:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3...00311at205.png

5000 miles usually shows up a day later - and then the 'bmi' wait...

robbert Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Same here, had 3 stays since mid-feb. Wrote them to ask about registering, got the same canned reply and 2 days later: voila, all 3x5k posted.

Now I have to figure out a 4th stay, these first three were at a HoJo for $35/night, cheapest in Nashville, anywhere in Nashville.

sniles Mar 12, 2010 7:56 am

FYI, Super 8 hotels in Shanghai are not linked to the reservation system of Wyndham Rewards. I booked a night at one of the Super 8 hotels in Shanghai for 21 USD for a night. I arrived to check-in and they told me their systems are separate, and therefore couldn't see my reservation or reference number. They did however ask for the rate i received online and matched it (i had printed proof). They also noted my Wyndham number and matched it to my new reservation. Hopefully i get the points and bonus miles.

sniles Mar 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by sniles (Post 13562399)
FYI, Super 8 hotels in Shanghai are not linked to the reservation system of Wyndham Rewards. I booked a night at one of the Super 8 hotels in Shanghai for 21 USD for a night. I arrived to check-in and they told me their systems are separate, and therefore couldn't see my reservation or reference number. They did however ask for the rate i received online and matched it (i had printed proof). They also noted my Wyndham number and matched it to my new reservation. Hopefully i get the points and bonus miles.

Ok, I tried another Super 8 in town and this time their system was linked to the Super 8 reservation system. So for any Shanghai takers:

Super 8 Lujiazui Miaopu Road: Reservation not found (29 USD/night, but rate was matched)
Super 8 North Bund Dalian Road: Reservation found (21 USD/night)

Hopefully all points will post soon :rolleyes:

kryten22uk Mar 14, 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 13557869)
My stays from Ramada Encore Warrington were not posting, so I decided to give them a call.

When you say "them", who did you call? The hotel reception?

27R Mar 14, 2010 8:45 am

For anyone based in Central London, the Days Inn Westminster seems to be available on Sunday nights for forty quid. Looks like it's pretty close to Pimlico tube.

jms_uk Mar 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 13573149)
When you say "them", who did you call? The hotel reception?

Yes, just the number on the hotel's website - 0844 something.

2x5000 bonus miles also appeared on WR site over the weekend - now only left for bmi to acknowledge and transfer 23.5k miles :)

aau Mar 15, 2010 12:32 am

I had two stays at Travelodges at the end of Feb both booked on Wyndham's site. I was logged in to W Rewards when booking so my Rewards # should have been included in the booking, indeed my # shows up the receipt I received at checkout at both properties. Neither has yet posted to my Rewards account, my account balance is still a big fat 0. This promotion annoys me.