Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The consolidated 'Family Membership' thread : launched 1 Dec '09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The consolidated 'Family Membership' thread : launched 1 Dec '09

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RAPC
2 possible scenarios:

1) Spam filter working a bit too well
2) Both members have opted out of DC communications and won't get the email whatever happens

You are right though, it would be useful to have an option for them in the account to click on.
1) First thing I thought of, but in the case of Mrs Clubman she did check with her IT people (works for a large consultancy firm so I’m sure they have a pretty efficient spam filter system) and there shouldn’t be any issues, though who know...
In the second case nothing has popped into the Junk mail either.

2) Just checked re Mrs Clubman's account, she has opted out of "bmi news and offers, such as flight promotions" and "Carefully selected partner offers, such as discounted car hire and hotel accommodation" but not "Diamond Club news and offers, such as flight promotions" which is ticked as a yes, so not sure if that is the issue?

Need to check re the second account.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:45 am

ICC can't see HOA (consolidated) miles?

A few days ago, I set up a family membership and transferred all my family's miles to my account as HOA.

Today I called ICC to make a redemption booking. After quoting the required miles, the operator checked to make sure that I had enough miles for the redemption - I was rather surprised to hear her read out just the miles that I had in my account before my family's miles were consolidated in my account. But logging into my account online indeed shows all miles had been consolidated in my account.

Is ICC's system not updated realtime to reflect the HOA's consolidated miles?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by msportmad
I may be paranoid but has anyone had any miles post since setting up a family account.

I have travelled Swiss on monday / tuesday which usually post next day and nothing hmmm
Actually, now you come to mention it, my credit card miles should have posted yesterday or today at the latest. Nowt so far though. I'll worry come Tuesday
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
I managed to add 3 familly members to my account. Transferred their miles in blocks of 5k no problem.
Will try and make a booking tonight so hope all goes well !!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:23 am

I was told by 2 agents (I called twice) that I could use the bonus miles that were not yet credited(from family accounts). Hope this helps someone.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Did you meet the Terms and Conditions?
Why, yes, absolutely. A new member residing in Russia - interesting, though, that the country in the registration screen still reverts to the UK even though you click through from a page which is squarely not aimed at UK-based punters. (I take it as an indication the website directs you to a wrong page and might have substituted a wrong promo code - hence the 1K miles).
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by heggers03
Had the same problem with emails not being recieved. The way I have found around the issue is to complete the family member details again and the email will send to that family member.

I have noticed if you invite the 'next' family member within a few minutes of adding 'a' member the email never gets sent to the 'next' family member! It may be best to leave a few hours gap between inviting each family member.

Hope this makes sense!
Makes sense but doesn't work!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by apoivre
Why, yes, absolutely. A new member residing in Russia - interesting, though, that the country in the registration screen still reverts to the UK even though you click through from a page which is squarely not aimed at UK-based punters.
I've seen instances in the past where the BMI website uses some form of IP recognition to switch your webpage to the country which it detects you're in, rather than the one you are trying to use. Probably due to differential pricing. Alternatively it was just a bug when I was trying to change the page from UK to US for something .
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Actually, now you come to mention it, my credit card miles should have posted yesterday or today at the latest. Nowt so far though. I'll worry come Tuesday
Mine haven't hit and I haven't got a family account yet!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Mine haven't hit and I haven't got a family account yet!
In which case, either something has slowed up, (possible) or the old membership numbers for MBNA to post to have stopped working. (less likely, but as it is bmi IT at work, still a possibility!)
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:47 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LonLH
Same thing happened to my wife after I sent her an invite- the moment she clicked on "Tell me more" she became a head of household with her own family membership
Has anyone managed to get this corrected yet?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
In which case, either something has slowed up, (possible) or the old membership numbers for MBNA to post to have stopped working. (less likely, but as it is bmi IT at work, still a possibility!)
Any news? Now 7th Dec and still no credit card miles.

PS. Anyone else noticed that the notation for card miles on statements has changed and they now say 'miles.com transaction'?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: TG*G

PS. Anyone else noticed that the notation for card miles on statements has changed and they now say 'miles.com transaction'?
I just noticed this today and was going to start a new thread until I came across your post.

Are you sure they're AmEx points? Very odd.

bmi_Barry
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by bmi_Barry
I just noticed this today and was going to start a new thread until I came across your post
Already noted and discussed here
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:36 am

I was about to say nothing for me, as there wasn't an hour ago. However just checked again now and the miles from the credit card are in my account now.

Miles.com started appearing on the statement last month I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.