Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The consolidated 'Family Membership' thread : launched 1 Dec '09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

Please post here......

Family membership terms and conditions
1.The following are the specific terms and conditions that apply to Family Membership. If there is any conflict between the terms and conditions in this Clause and any other clause herein, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent the term or condition relates to, or regulates the operation of the Family Membership
2.Members can apply for a Family Membership by completing the application process available online at flybmi.com
3.A maximum of eight individuals are allowed per each Family Membership. Subject to Clause 5 below, there is no age requirement to belong to a Family Membership, however if a member is under 18 they must be enrolled by the Head of Account
4.Business addresses are not permitted for Family Membership. Only permanent residential addresses are permitted for Family Membership
5.To create a Family Membership:
1.The application process on flybmi.com must be completed by the Head of Account who must be over the age of 18. The application process is completed by naming the relevant members; and
2.The Head of Account must enrol any nominee who is under 18 who they would like to be included in the Family Membership into Diamond Club. For the application to be completed the Head of Account must have the following: title, first name, surname, Date of Birth, Address
3.Only specific relationships are allowed to join a Family Membership, for instance: Husband, Wife, Partner, Father, Mother, Step parent, Grandmother, Grandfather, Son, Daughter, Step children, Brother, Sister, Personal staff (only 2 allowed personal staff per Family Membership)
4.Where an existing Diamond Club member is already a Head of Account, they will not be able to become a nominee on another family Membership
5.A Diamond Club member can only be a nominee on one account only
6.Once the application process is completed, each nominee will be sent an email asking them to accept or reject the request to join the Family Membership
7.By a nominee accepting to join the Family Membership they agree for their destinations miles to be transferred at any point by the Head of Account without prior warning.
6.The remaining members of the Family Membership (other than the Head of Account) can either be existing Members of Diamond Club or new Members. At the time of creating the Family Membership the Head of Account must have details of the nominees Diamond Club account in order to complete the application process
7.A Head of Account can only nominate a maximum of 2 personal staff. For the avoidance of doubt the definition of personal staff will be classed as a paid for employee, employed by the Head of Account
8.Only the Head of Account may add and remove members or request for the Family Membership to be deleted. Should the Head of Account wish for this to happen they will be required to confirm in writing by letter to the following address. - bmi PO Box 5050, Annesley, Nottingham, NG15 0DL, UK
9.If the Head of Account dies or leaves Diamond Club, the Family Membership will be deleted
10.Mileage will be tracked and recorded individually under each member's own Diamond Club account. Provided a member has created an online profile at flybmi.com, each member may access an online statement at flybmi.com detailing their own transactions. For the avoidance of doubt, infant fares do not earn Mileage
11.Diamond Club tier level is attained for the individual based on the individual member's status miles earned.
12.Only the Head of Account can see the destinations miles balance of each nominee and transfer destinations miles from the nominees accounts into the account of the Head of Account
13.All or part of the total destinations miles earned by the other members of the Family Membership can be transferred. The Head of Account is solely responsible for discussing with nominees and making decisions concerning the use and redemption of destinations miles
14.If a nominees Diamond Club account contains destinations miles and bonus destinations miles, the destinations miles will be transferred first. If the Head of Account requires all destinations and bonus miles it will show on the nominees account as 2 transactions, 1 transaction for destinations miles and 1 transaction for bonus destinations miles
15.Prior to making a redemption booking the Head of Account must transfer the required number of miles into their account
16.The Head of Account may nominate persons under 18 years of age to be a member of the Family Membership and this will entitle them to earn Membership status miles and destinations miles. Requests and bookings relating to Awards may only be made by the Head of Account
17.If a participant dies, or ceases to be a Member of Diamond Club, the unredeemed Mileage held by that person will no longer be available for the Head of Account to transfer
18.Awards can only be issued by Diamond Club to the Head of Account (and will not be issued to any nominees of the Family Membership)
19.If in the reasonable opinion of bmi, membership, services and / or benefits should be withdrawn by reason of any act or omission on your part (including but not limited to misusing or abusing family membership), bmi reserves the right to withdraw any and all services and benefits awarded or available to (including miles and awards) you whether accrued before or after the event giving rise to such withdrawal
20.Standard Diamond Club terms and conditions apply.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Dec 5, 2009 at 4:18 am
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:56 am
uk1
Suspended

Links there .....

but whilst the create family membership link is there ...... it bounces me out to re-log-in whenever I try to create a family membership. In fact it bounces me whenever I try to move to any other page within "my account".

Anyone else having any luck?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Got as far as reading the T&Cs here

Then got thru as far as "member invitation", a form to enter the DC details of an over-18 family member..

Stuck saying "Please Enter your Diamond Club number", though it's in there. Tried various versions ...

... However on logging in a second time it now refers to me in the membership details as Family membership, head of account.

Also now accepts the invitee's DC number, the one with five leading zeroes. Then says it doesn't match their records, ugh.

Third time lucky. Enrolled my other half.

Last edited by harryhv; Dec 1, 2009 at 2:31 am
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have managed to enrol my wife, however I have discovered 2 bugs:

Bug 1 - Security Issue: She received the email with 2 links, (one to decline and one to accept the invitation to join the family membership).
Anyway, I was logged into flybmi.com, and when my wife clicked on the the link it opened the web-browser which showed my details, but the accept button on the page for her to join the membership. I didnt want the system to get confused. So I logged out of bmi, and my wife clicked on the link again, this time it prompted her to login and the same acceptance page appeared. Clearly their pages check to see that someone is logged in, but does not match the person logged in to the acceptance... Anyway, after accepting her details were available almost immediately.

Bug 2 - I cannot enter a child under 18. Doesnt matter what fields I enter, it keeps saying. An error has occured please check back later.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
No problems at all for me so far, but I haven't tried any infants yet.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:35 am

No probs for me - all went through fine and moved miles okay too.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: QR Plat, TK *Gold, SV Silver, HH Diamond
So those of us who signed our kids up previously should do what? It seems the mechanism for under-18 sign ups is different now. Can under-18s earn status miles? Will I have to close their Existing accounts (and lose the sign up bonus) to enrol them? The centralised control is a great feature.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:13 am

Oh dear: I have sent an invitation to one of my "staff". He got the email, clicked on the link "Tell me more", logged in, accepted the T&C and is now head of his own Family Membership. Why am I so dumb to think this goes without problems? Got no clue how to solve this online as there is no option to delete this.

Last edited by wiesel888; Dec 1, 2009 at 3:56 am
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wiesel888
Oh dear: I have sent an invitation to one of my "staff". He got the email, clicked on the link "Tell me more", logged in, accepted the T&C and is now head of his own Family Membership. Why am I do dumb to think this goes without problems? Got no clue how to solve this online as there is no option to delete this.
Exacly the same thing happened to me.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Set up account without any problems, first inviting my dad to join. He agreed to transfer his few thousand orphaned miles to me but when I enter the miles to transfer and click "transfer" I get: "please enter how many miles you wish to transfer" even though I just did. So can't get the transfer to go through. Will keep trying.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Think I'll give this a miss for a few weeks .....!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:37 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Set up account without any problems, first inviting my dad to join. He agreed to transfer his few thousand orphaned miles to me but when I enter the miles to transfer and click "transfer" I get: "please enter how many miles you wish to transfer" even though I just did. So can't get the transfer to go through. Will keep trying.

Same here on son's account!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:47 am
SRA

Programs: BMI Gold, BA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President
It seems you can only transfer 5,000 at a time. e.g 15,000 takes three separate transfers
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
You don't seem to be able to set up any new DC accounts at the moment (to actually invite them into your family later), I just keep getting the website unavailable error
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
yep the 5k per transfer is working for me
otherwise all ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.