Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Threads merged. So far I think the "Ughs" have a slim lead over the "Nices".
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
Hehe...thanks, Oxon - didn't see/realise that this thread existed.
I think it's an alright pack - it does contain some useful information, as opposed to a membership pack that I received from a different airline (no names being mentioned here), which contained the membership card itself, two luggage tags, and no information at all about the dedicated phone number to call, upgrades, etc...ah well - to each their own, I guess!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by sn1ke
The small black package that's inside the envelope is secured with a small Velco tab, and opens up to all four sides. It's very tastefully presented, with subdued black letters over the entire front showing various airport codes - quite a nice touch, IMO.
Does it still have various airport codes of places bmi no longer fly to?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
I haven't yet had the time to actually look through all of them... :P ...when I do, I'll let you know
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by sn1ke
Inside this, shown immediately after opening, is the actual card. For Gold, this is a black card, saying 'Diamond Club' in the middle in gold letters, with the membership name/number in the bottom left, and the expiry date in the bottom right of the card. On the upper left of the card is the Star Alliance lofo, with the word 'Gold' underneath it.
I qualified for Gold and my black card arrived yesterday. Your description of the package and the card itself is spot on, however, my card has a *A logo to the upper left with "SILVER" rather than Gold

I guess I will to require a new one to avoid any problems or will the lounge dragons be able to tell that it is in fact a gold card once they swipe it?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Through the good offices of Johanna, I eventually got my replacement Gold Card this week, although my old one expired in January.... but that's a different story.

Nice box, but all in the bin except the card and tags. And I probably won't use my tags as I don't want my name and account number open to all. The FB tags are much better with a closed section for your details, or the SEN tags with a red leather cover.

MOD NOTE: This discussion continues here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...hip-cards.html

Last edited by GoldCircle; Mar 3, 2011 at 8:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.