Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I agree with NickB that the *A office probably doesn't have the resources to investigate individual communication such as the one quoted by henry999 and that their main activities are not at the customer interface end.
I agree with denCSA that 'Trying to get BD to do anything will just take too long...'. If they had the inclination, *A Help Desk could solve the whole thing in five minutes with two phone calls: one to Donington Hall to verify the new design and the other to whatever *A department sends 'internal' messages to all the member companies, with instructions for them to pass the word to their lounge dragons.

And by the way, where are the main activities of a Help Desk if not at the 'customer interface end'???

cheers,

Henry

Last edited by henry999; Nov 27, 2009 at 10:28 am
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:51 am

My new BMI card has raised a few eyebrows today. First in the BMI DUB lounge. The girl said "oh the new cards, havnt seen one before , much nicer". I agreed and also commented on how the new GUV system is alot fairer.

Again in ZRH Senator lounge the girl was tapping away at the keyboard and looking confused at the black and gold card.

At least I got in .
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: BD Diamond Club Gold
Isn't it boring to have a card everybody knows
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Savard
Isn't it boring to have a card everybody knows
Try this instead!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by NickB
IIRC, the *A contact office is located in Germany, so you can look at that as legitimation for indulging in Germanic cliches . That said, I very much doubt that the *A office has the resources to investigate those kinds of complaints. The whole "*A" infrastructure must be no more than a handful of persons and their main activities are not at the customer interface end. Ultimately, it is really the airlines themselves. My guess is that you are more likely to get results from contacting the airline whose lounge refused you entry (in all likelihood, it will have very limited impact but still a little more than other avenues).
In fact it is located very close to Frankfurt Airport.
I understand there are about 50 - 60 people working for StarAlliance GmbH.

They act partly as a brading company and partly to manage the 'alliance products and services' but as mentioned, not really a customer facing organisation. Actually I notice the website mentions 75 employees.

Last edited by jbfield; Nov 27, 2009 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 28, 2009, 2:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by crazychicken
Here is my new experience...

Tried to use the new gold/black card in LAX (UA lounge), no acceptance (lounge dragon thought it is a fake due to the crappy *A Gold logo). Also no success at HNL (CO lounge - they only have the 'old' colours on their accepance sheet). At YVR (AC lounge - same thing).
Glad I still had my real gold card with me to get in...
Very dodgy response from UA and AC, if in doubt they really should act in favour of customers. Not that UA's RCC is anything special. When I was in UA's RCC in IAD this week they didn't want the card anyway as the BP clearly stated BD*G and a quick scan of BP brought up the booking.

In other matters I just got my second card pack in a week. Suits me fine as I needed more luggage tags anyway. I guess I won't get double iGUVs
Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Here the adventure of my new black card.

DUB: How nice, 1st time I see one, welcome.

ZRH (Schengen): Confusion, quick chat between the ladies in German followed by the question, "oh I know BMI got purchased by LH, is this equivalent to our HON cards? If so, you might want to go over to the First lounge.". After I swapped to German all no problem and I was admitted to the Senator Lounge.

CDG (Check in Counter): Oh, I better give you an invitation card for the Star Lounge, because they might not know that card yet.

ZRH (Non Schengen): No confusion at all, a quick entering of my details into their check in tool and a friendly please use the left side (Senator) unless you need a PC.

Let's see what happens next week in strange places like YYZ/ORD.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by sven60035
ZRH (Schengen): Confusion, quick chat between the ladies in German followed by the question, "oh I know BMI got purchased by LH, is this equivalent to our HON cards? If so, you might want to go over to the First lounge.". After I swapped to German all no problem and I was admitted to the Senator Lounge.
Not been tempted to make it to the F lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 8:52 pm
ICA

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Kit arrived...
Well, I think the new BD*G card is not as bad as it looks like on the photos.
But I still feel the star gold logo a bit small.
Just arrived my new CO*G card too, where the *G logo is about triple bigger.
So, may be better to use my CO or NH*G cards at the lounges
until the new BD card become famous
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Haha thats what sprung to my mind !! It actually does look very Hon circly
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:55 am
ICA

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Funny! F lounge accessibility would be a nice offer from Mr. LHBD ^
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Last nigh I flew Swiss BCN-ZRH-GRU in C and F. I went to the Business/First/Gold check in at BCN new terminal 1 and gave my new black card to the agent. -"I'm sorry sir, but we don't work with this airline" I said that it was actually BMI new gold card and show her the BMI logo at the back of the card. And again: "I don't know what Diamond Club means sir, we don't work with this program"
She try to swipe the card on the computer and was not recognised
Once again... thank god that I still have my old one
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by heramato
Last nigh I flew Swiss BCN-ZRH-GRU in C and F. I went to the Business/First/Gold check in at BCN new terminal 1 and gave my new black card to the agent. -"I'm sorry sir, but we don't work with this airline" I said that it was actually BMI new gold card and show her the BMI logo at the back of the card. And again: "I don't know what Diamond Club means sir, we don't work with this program"
She try to swipe the card on the computer and was not recognised
Once again... thank god that I still have my old one
So what did they say when you showed the old one..... i mean it says bmi (albeit on the front) and diamond club too, and she didn't know what bmi diamond club was before, what difference did the old card make? suddenly she knew what bmi was because she saw a gold card??
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dazz81
So what did they say when you showed the old one..... i mean it says bmi (albeit on the front) and diamond club too, and she didn't know what bmi diamond club was before, what difference did the old card make? suddenly she knew what bmi was because she saw a gold card??
i'm guessing it worked when swiped.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Yes, it worked when swiped plus she was more familiar with the colour and the fact that says BMI instead of Diamond Club in the front.
She said something like: "Oh, this one is ok!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.