Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Use your AMEX card to book a bmi flight and get BD silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Use your AMEX card to book a bmi flight and get BD silver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Everytime I "lose" my cc, I get a new account number. Food 4 thought.
Still linked to the underlying card account as mentioned above. What I suspect you are thinking won't work. Good thinking though.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Miss wiluk's had this offer through too (from her BA Amex!) - anyone know if a flight up to EDI is classed as Europe?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
That's because MBNA are muppets (and some other card issuers as well Citi for example) and issue the card holder and the supp card holder with the same account numbers - it can cause great confusion with
a) lost and stolens - all the cards need replacing
b) cancellations of sup card holders - means you get a new replacement card as they delete the card number entirely
c) disputed transactions - you have to confirm that neither you or the sup made the transaction
d) Verified by Visa / Mastercard - passes through on the card number not holder.

Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Well, it is not only Amex but also M&M plat visa which I hold and mrs is an additional cardholder and that also has identical numbers (even the 3 digit sec code on back is same!). that too is issued by mbna. So, don't know if this is peculiar to mbna cards.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd like to take advantage of this promotion. What would be the cheapest biz or premium economy route?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by E14 26C
That's because MBNA are muppets (and some other card issuers as well Citi for example) and issue the card holder and the supp card holder with the same account numbers - it can cause great confusion.
Yes I am amazed, I didn't know two bank cards were allowed to have identical numbers, how silly is that. Must limit their fraud detection abilities.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Originally Posted by wiluk
Miss wiluk's had this offer through too (from her BA Amex!) - anyone know if a flight up to EDI is classed as Europe?
As far as I can see, the TCS doesn't mention limitations on the routes flown:

1. Flights must be purchased using your American Express Card.
2. Offer only available when you book a bmi operated scheduled flight in Business or Premium Economy Class (c,d,j,a,p,i,u,l classes) between 26 October 2009 and 15 January 2010
3. Your Silver membership pack will be received within 3 weeks of application
4. New members flying with bmi before the pack is received should present a copy of their Diamond Club welcome email (confirming their Silver
status) at the airport in order to receive lounge access and other benefits entitled to them
5. Only one enrolment per individual will be accepted for membership of Diamond Club
6. Existing Diamond Club Silver or Gold members will receive a credit of 10,000 membership status miles, which will be added to accounts within 28 days of registering
7. Existing Blue Diamond Club members will receive an upgrade to Silver membership level, your Silver membership pack will be received within 3 weeks of application
8. Any duplicate accounts will be closed and any bonus miles deleted
9. Diamond Club Silver membership is valid for 12 months, and during that 12 month membership period, members must earn 16,000 membership status miles to retain Silver membership for a further 12 months
10. This offer is non transferable and no cash alternative will be offered
11. Standard Diamond Club terms and conditions apply.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, FB Gold, Amex Plat
7. Existing Blue Diamond Club members will receive an upgrade to Silver membership level, your Silver membership pack will be received within 3 weeks of application

Still waiting after nearly 5 weeks, as anyone received anything yet?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: GGL
Something tells me that this promo doesnt really exist. Anyone get their 10K or Silver?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jplondon
Something tells me that this promo doesnt really exist. Anyone get their 10K or Silver?
I think it's bogus too. I booked > 3 weeks ago on my BMI Amex and have got nothing. Is it worth calling DC or MBNA to complain?

I wonder if it would have worked better if I'd been a "fresh" customer without an existing account to upgrade.

I'll be cancelling my refundable J flight this week.

I
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
According to the first post, the T&Cs did say "only valid for recipients of the mail" - did you receive an offer about it directly?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 1:56 am

I received the card through the post, registered in time, booked my next flight in C, have now flown it, and seen nothing yet. On the other hand 28 days from my registration have not quite passed yet (condition 6).
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:44 am

Noticed this being promoted on my Platinum Amex account online yesterday, so it does seem to have a wider applicability than just the mail shot. That said, I'd say your chances of appealing if you've got the MBNA BMI Amex are probably slim - it looks like this has been targetted to Platinum Charge Cards issued by American Express directly.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by jplondon
Nothing here.

I received the offer through the mail. I've flown the flight, which was in J on LHR-EDI over a week ago now, and booked more than a month ago.

I paid for the flight on my Amex Platinum Charge Card.

My status was upgraded to Blue + as a result of the flight - no recognition of being silver anywhere
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
It may just be that AMEX are going to send bmi the promotional detail in batches, or even at the end of the campaign. bmi can't make any updates without this information.

I suspect they are working on a batch basis and a number of those targetted for this will be upgraded together at some point, probably at the end of the promo period.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:21 pm

Anyone had any joy with this yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.