Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Use your AMEX card to book a bmi flight and get BD silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Use your AMEX card to book a bmi flight and get BD silver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by JPS76
Indeed - Is it possible to book a fully refundable, get the points (within 3 weeks of booking) and then cancel flight? Nothing in the T's and C's about taking the flight...thoughts?
lol, well, you can always try - if it works let us know. (Do bmi refund their credit card surcharge I believe, even on flex ticket? I always book through a travel agency) - even so, 4.50 for 16k miles isn't too bad!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Brewox
Has anyone been upgraded yet?

I registered details nearly 3 weeks ago, still a Blue, I know T and C's say within 3 weeks, just wondering how the process is working?
Nothing here, although I'm not at the 3 weeks mark yet, but I actually take the flights this week...
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA*S, CX_G, Marriott Reward Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Nothing here, although I'm not at the 3 weeks mark yet, but I actually take the flights this week...
Has anyone received either their upgrade or the points?

I booked 1st Nov and it's now more than 3 weeks (OK only just) and no sign of points being added.

(Flight isnt until just after Xmas I admit)

Just wondered if anyone's reward had come through?

lcs
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm keeping my fngers crossed on this. I made a refundable booking last week using my BMI MBA Amex for travel in late December.

Hoping that I get the upgrade, as I don't really want to spend 230 for a <1 hour flight.

If anyone's got it, please share the good news with us.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I took my flight yesterday, logged on today and my status had changed.... to blueplus - which I'd earned through BD flights this year.... so both and

I've checked back on the invite and it says I should have received an e-mail welcoming me to silverness at BD when I registered. This I most certainly didn't receive. It's now more than 3 weeks since I made the booking, the invite said 4 weeks for the paperwork to catch up, but I've also flown the J flight.

I think chasing will begin by end of this week to see what's gone wrong
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Mrs Sofasurfer has just got an AMEX card, and it appears she can put me down as a supplementary card holder for free.

Does this mean we could both take advantage of this offer, if I used my card to book a qualifying flight, and she did the same with hers? I can't see why not - presumably my card would have a different number to hers...?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by sofasurfer

Does this mean we could both take advantage of this offer, if I used my card to book a qualifying flight, and she did the same with hers? I can't see why not - presumably my card would have a different number to hers...?
I very much doubt it as the cards will almost certainly be considered one and the same. Try it if you wish as you may get lucky, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Mrs Sofasurfer has just got an AMEX card, and it appears she can put me down as a supplementary card holder for free.

The last 5 digits of the card number will be different.

Personally I think reading this promo that you would both be eligible for the offer. Although it's the same account, they're two separate Amex cards and nothing in the rules prohibits this.

Therefore I would say go for it. If you have any troubles claiming there's no need to mention it's a supplementary card.

A nice thing about Amex (at least for cards issued by Amex itself), it breaks down the transactions for each supplementary cardholder and you can even create your own online account that shows your own transactions. In my experience other credit cards have just lumped the supplementary cards in with the main users transactions.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by browserden

Personally I think reading this promo that you would both be eligible for the offer. Although it's the same account, they're two separate Amex cards and nothing in the rules prohibits this.

Therefore I would say go for it. If you have any troubles claiming there's no need to mention it's a supplementary card.

A nice thing about Amex (at least for cards issued by Amex itself), it breaks down the transactions for each supplementary cardholder and you can even create your own online account that shows your own transactions. In my experience other credit cards have just lumped the supplementary cards in with the main users transactions.
Well, mrs mahajanvikas is an additional cardholder on 2 of my AMEX cards and BOTH have the same number as my main cards. Only the card has a different name on it. Also, all transactions appear on one consolidated statement i.e mine. Both cards (bmi plus amex and M&M amex) are issued by mbna.

Though, I would go ahead and give it a try as you have nothing to lose but all miles to gain!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by browserden

Unfortunately the card issuers (Amex, MBNA, whoever) treat the cards as one account, so despite two card numbers it is still one account. It would be very rare for 2 cards to be considered separate at any level, including promotional.

YMMV, but taking MBNA as an example, two cards would only count as one account in this instance. Other issuers may see it differently.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Well, mrs mahajanvikas is an additional cardholder on 2 of my AMEX cards and BOTH have the same number as my main cards. Only the card has a different name on it. Also, all transactions appear on one consolidated statement i.e mine. !
That's very strange, identical card numbers? Have multiple cards on various AMEX and other accounts and all have distinct numbers.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by RAPC
It would be very rare for 2 cards to be considered separate at any level, including promotional.
I think this is one of those promos either no one gets this credited or everyone gets it, I would be amazed if they figure out two AMEX on one account.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jplondon
I think this is one of those promos either no one gets this credited or everyone gets it, I would be amazed if they figure out two AMEX on one account.
Not difficult at all from the card issuer perspective, as the card numbers are irrelevant (they are there to process transactions) as it is the underlying account that matters.

It depends on whether it is the card issuer validating the bonuses, or DC. If it is DC, then there is a chance. If it is the issuer, then probably not much of a hope.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by jplondon
That's very strange, identical card numbers? Have multiple cards on various AMEX and other accounts and all have distinct numbers.
Well, it is not only Amex but also M&M plat visa which I hold and mrs is an additional cardholder and that also has identical numbers (even the 3 digit sec code on back is same!). that too is issued by mbna. So, don't know if this is peculiar to mbna cards.

Anyway, I agree with RAPC that if it is the issuer who decided on the promo, then it will invariably be linked to a single account, irrespective of the additional cardholder(s) (same way as the limit is decided by the main cardholder limit and not individual holders). Think of it as a single house but with multiple KEY-holders, it still is one basic house you all get into!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:51 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Everytime I "lose" my cc, I get a new account number. Food 4 thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.