Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Suvarnabhumi Airport BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:33 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Best Western Suvarnabhumi Airport BKK

The Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel, a new-build hotel, has opened for business.

The seven-storey, 278-room hotel features 238 deluxe suites and 39 Executive Club Floor rooms. Thai contemporary style influenced by modern Western refinement characterizes the décor. All rooms include IDD telephone and a large work area as well as LCD flat screen TV with cable channels.

Other Best Western Premier standard amenities include complementary WiFi access in all guest rooms and public areas and electronic key card room access.

Food and beverage facilities comprise Bua Chompoo, a smart-casual all-day dining a la carte and buffet restaurant, a classic Japanese restaurant, Red Brown, a lively lobby lounge and bar, and a pool bar.

Recreation amenities include a large, landscaped swimming pool and gymnasium featuring state-of-the-art fitness equipment.

The Ama Spa offers a range of massages and beauty treatments delivered by expert therapists in a stylish yet tranquil atmosphere.

Full banqueting and conferencing facilities are also offered. The Amaranth Ballroom has a capacity of up to 800 guests while smaller rooms are designed to host 30 classroom style conferences. All are fully equipped with high-end audio visual amenities. Business guests are also served by a deluxe business center.

For guests’ convenience, the Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel operates its own shuttle bus services to and from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport as well as to BITEC Convention Centre, Bangna, and major points of access to downtown Bangkok.

The hotel is the 18th Best Western Premier hotel in Asia and the first in Bangkok.

http://amaranthhotel.com/
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We are overnighting at the BKK property in May. Any recent stays here?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
not sure when you're planning to stay, but we'll be there may 8th. i'll try to sneak in a quick report. ^
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by karenkay
not sure when you're planning to stay, but we'll be there may 8th. i'll try to sneak in a quick report. ^
NICE We will be there May 21st-22nd. We arrive late and leave mid morning. Just looking for ease to get there and general convenience and comfort. The Novotel at the airport was just SO expensive.

Thank you!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:24 am

OT, but I seem to recall (from 3 years ago or so) that in BKK there were some cheap in-airport rooms, such as the ones in SIN? Has anyone ever used them?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by honu
OT, but I seem to recall (from 3 years ago or so) that in BKK there were some cheap in-airport rooms, such as the ones in SIN? Has anyone ever used them?
I looked into them. They werent that cheap-IMHO. I emailed for info and they didnt respond.
Old May 9, 2011, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Here's my quickie review: mr kk and I stayed last night, on a $76 visa rate including breakfast (thanks, Mr. Vker!). The shuttle worked great; we had a reservation and it timed out perfectly--we had the 8p shuttle to ourselves, and waited no more than five minutes for it.

Hotel is lovely, especially for a Best Western. My newly minted platinum (or whatever the top tier is) status was NOT reflected on the reservation, so I asked that my account number be added and that I receive an upgraded room. Was told they found a newly renovated room for us. No idea if there are suites at this hotel, but this wasn't one...perfectly lovely for the price, and if not for the problem we had with the air conditioning I'd call it a great stay.

The room was ROASTING when we checked in at 8.30p and while it did cool down fairly quickly, the ac wasn't consistent and the room was so warm at 3am that it woke me up...by which time I wasn't about to call someone to fix it. Be sure your ac works.

There was some design weirdness that I actually equate with Thailand--window next to the tub which looks into the bedroom, (with blinds,) which is lovely, but there's a 2 inch channel between the window and the tub which drains onto the floor...a serious design flaw. Did they think the water from the shower would always just go straight into the tub without splashing against the window (or a body in the shower)?!?

Breakfast buffet started at 6a, which gave us just enough time to have a quick bite before catching the fully booked shuttle at 6.30. Buffet was just fine, egg station, fruits, yogurt, cereals, lettuces, hot dishes, etc. Really a fine deal for the price, and I'd stay again if the circumstances were the same. As noted elsewhere, there is nothing near the hotel, so don't plan on a local meal.

They have a pretty cool exhibit up right now of various feng shui rocks...if you have a few minutes to kill, it's worth a peek.

One additional note, passport control at BKK (traveling in y class) was busier than we expected, and took us nearly 45 minutes to get through. We happened to have plenty of time, but I thought it worth a mention.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Any recent experience here? Was thinking of staying for one night in July. Arrive into BKK around 6:30pm and flight out is at 8:10am the next morning. Any issues with the shuttle? Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by greg0ire
Any recent experience here? Was thinking of staying for one night in July. Arrive into BKK around 6:30pm and flight out is at 8:10am the next morning. Any issues with the shuttle? Thanks.
The hotel is the nicest Best Western I've ever stayed at. The shuttle is great. Staff were very friendly and the room itself was very modern and comfortable. Internet was quick too.

The only complaint I have is they have a BIG problem with mosquitoes! So bad in fact the hotel staff walk around with electric swatters!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:10 am

thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Had a pleasant stay at the hotel...

Van transfer is free and is available upon request. Just call / email hotel in advance and tell them of your arrival time.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:20 am

It was a great experience...even though my stay was only for about seven hours.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:55 pm

I recently completed a stay while on a 10 hour layover at BKK. Excellent experience!

When I made the online reservation, I entered my flight arrival info in the remarks/comments section and requested a shuttle reservation. I called the hotel while on a layover in Hong Kong on my arrival day, and they said they had seen my arrival info and already had me scheduled for a shuttle. Nice!

Shuttle driver was easy to find upon exiting BKK customs. Quick ride to the hotel.

Platinum level...received a room on the executive floor. Wasn't a suite, but nice overall. Nice touch was a full set of complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. Wish I had known, I wouldn't have packed so much in my carry-on. There's a "lounge" on the floor, but I left before it opened (7am I believe).

Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was nice. But if I were to stay here again, I wouldn't pay the extra cost for it, I'd just get breakfast at one of the many options at the airport.

Shuttle back to the airport in the morning left right on time.

Overall, nice stay! As others have mentioned, little bit of a mosquito problem in the lobby/restaurant areas.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: SPG PLT, HH Gold
Does anybody know how long it takes to get from the hotel to BKK in traffic? Also, are there taxis or Ubers available in case you miss your shuttle?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:15 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyTheFriendlyMonkey
Does anybody know how long it takes to get from the hotel to BKK in traffic? Also, are there taxis or Ubers available in case you miss your shuttle?
Depends on the time of day and where in Bangkok you are going - between 45min normal traffic and 120min during rush hour... If you plan on going during morning/evening rush hour, you can take the shuttle to airport and take the airport train. It'll take about 1h to central Bangkok by airport train/subway/SkyTrain...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.