Wiki Posts
Search

"Zero Waste" Fee

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

"Zero Waste" Fee

Another "because we can" fee:

I was just about to book a stay at the BW Plus Sands in Vancouver. At checkout, a "Zero waste program" fee of $6 per night showed up. No thank you.

Is that a mandatory fee?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it was not disclosed to you when you booked, mandatory or not, it should not be charged. If you agreed to pay it when you booked because it was disclosed, you have nothing to complain abou.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

That doesn't quite answer the question. I've seen fees disclosed at booking that one could simply ask to have removed at check-out, because they were not mandatory.

I would like to know if this is the case here - for future reference. (For this stay, I've booked with a different chain.)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:29 pm

I've stayed there before and I don't recall that being there. Might be a new thing, was a couple years back.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
If you did not use the toilet, you'd not be charged the fee. You must have used the toilet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.