Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Your favorite Best Western properties in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Best Western has quite a range of properties in its portfolio. What are some of your favorite and nicest hotels in Europe? Would love to discover some of those that are near important landmarks or especially close to important sites. Hoping to do a status match to BW and take advantage of even more benefits on some upcoming trips.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:57 am
R
formerly PrePress420

Amsterdam. On the Rembrandtplein. Next to the Amstel River just at the small bridge. A combination of different buildings merged together with different rooms. Not a standalone self-constructed hotel like the Marriott
Neboxod likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:30 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Berghotel Rehlegg

Berghotel Rehlegg, Ramsau , Bavaria, Germany. 10 min. drive to Berchtesgaden
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Hoping to do a status match to BW and take advantage of even more benefits on some upcoming trips.
There's not much that status does at BW, except for increased earning on paid stays. All BW hotels are independently owned & operated, and many don't have big enough differences between rooms for upgrades to even matter much. So which exact status benefits are you seeking?

what benefits with Diamond Select?

Of course, isn't it better to stay a hotel that has very nice rooms and not get upgraded, than to stay at hotel that has lousy rooms and do get upgraded to a bigger lousy room?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
parkhotel-engelsburg.de

One of their rooms is in a tower, about 100m² big over 3 floors.
Old May 21, 2023, 8:02 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Best Western Plus Amedia Wien

Only 6 stops from the VIE airport on the S7. OK dining and grocery stores nearby. Clean and modern.

I've returned a number of times!

I tried another hotel last time and hated it. Blazing hot. Had to sleep with the sliding door open in November!! No thermostat and no AC at all! I'm
not returning to this alternate.
Old May 26, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Batumi, GE

I don't know if you include Georgia a part of Europe, but they gave me an upgrade to a suite and a fruit plate, as well as welcome amenity points as a Diamond Select. I don't remember if breakfast was comped proactively or after a bit of negotiation, but I got it as well, and the buffet spread was decent. Bus routes to airport and downtown nearby.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:06 am
Suspended

it would be interesting to have a thread with the worst BW properties in Europe
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:28 am

Best Western Premier Hotel Rebstock, hands down the best welcome I've been given as a Diamond member at ANY BW property. It's located in Wurzburg, which might not be a premium location for everyone, but it's in a gorgeous winery area adjacent to the Romantic Road, has a castle, and is a 1h40m drive to Nurnburg (1h by train). Not only was I upgraded to a gorgeous suite, but welcome gift included small bottle of wine, large jar of jam, other treats, hand painted slippers (with glitter glue, so not fancy, but very original!), and complimentary breakfast. Now this was a number of years ago, so things may have changed, but they certainly cemented themselves in my memory!

Avoid: City Center Hotel in Brussels - I wasn't expecting much, but the rooms were dingy and worn, the walk from the train super sketch at night (though that seemed to be an issue for most train stations in Brussels), and zero recognition was given for being Diamond.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by roberto99
Best Western Plus Amedia Wien
Only 6 stops from the VIE airport on the S7. OK dining and grocery stores nearby. Clean and modern.
Seriously?
Yes, there are plenty of grocery stores nearby, after all it is located in a residential neighborhood. Dining nearby - meh. Convenience to VIE questionable: yup, a few stops by S7, but you still need to walk ~ 12 minutes from the station to the hotel, more if you have larger luggage and cabs by the station hard to catch if you arrive late.
Breakfast spread very average, FD staff with basic English and not so much willing to help with more complicated issues (hotel related). Zero recognition as Diamond Select of course.
Elevators and staircase located in a place accessible by anybody from outside + elevators are not roomkey operated - you just press a button, so security is an issue here (this wouldn't be a problem if this was passing reception, but people in reception have NO WAY to see who and when is accessing elevators/staircase/rooms - no cameras in that area).
To top everything off, rooms are in a desperate need of refurbishment: worn dirty carpets etc. (small) TV in my room hanging on the wall at least 20 feet from my bed. Deposit box not working.
Colors are a matter of individual taste, but a lot of "fire truck" red for me made it look weird.
In general, a hotel WAAAY below average - finding it so difficult to believe that someone who travels a lot could find it recommendable to others.

So this post is not a complaint, I would name Best Western Premier Dante in Barcelona as my favorite property in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.