Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:46 am

Fantastic!

I just booked a bw plus in Kent, WA for a flight out of SEA in late December. That makes the 8am that much more tolerable when coming from Vancouver!!!

Everything was 10,000 pts.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:24 am

WOW! I have just scored 3 ($250/night) for 30.000 and two $150 nights for 20k.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
The three nights are dec 28-31 - definitely high season at Palm Springs:-0
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Yes, the promo works now!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Sun Country Ufly
Scored 5 nights in Miami at the Premier hotel, king room. Diamond status rebate hopefully still applies. Superb value considering I bought the points for $275 during the spring travel association promo
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
come one guys stop scooping my award space. My desired NYC award space is gone

EDIT: OK, snagged Key West bw for November where rooms are running for $300+ a night

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 6, 2017 at 8:55 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:22 am

Data point: you cannot buy more than 5K points during the promotional period.

I purchased 20,000 points this week and used them for an upcoming stay in November. I then got an email that the purchase had been declined (overridden), but the reservation still existed. I called in today to purchase an additional 20,000 points (needed 4 nights total) and successfully added to my reservation. I then was called back by a rep saying her supervisor had instructed that 5,000 points is the maximum allowed during this promotion, and that the entire point purchases and reservation had to be canceled. Bummer. Great value for those with enough points already!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by born_to_run
Data point: you cannot buy more than 5K points during the promotional period.

I purchased 20,000 points this week and used them for an upcoming stay in November. I then got an email that the purchase had been declined (overridden), but the reservation still existed. I called in today to purchase an additional 20,000 points (needed 4 nights total) and successfully added to my reservation. I then was called back by a rep saying her supervisor had instructed that 5,000 points is the maximum allowed during this promotion, and that the entire point purchases and reservation had to be canceled. Bummer. Great value for those with enough points already!
Thanks for the heads-up. Awfully nice of BW to disclose this points buy cap NOWHERE on their website. There wasn't a ton of value in this promo with my travel plans in the first place, now I'm just not gonna bother with it....
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Nice promo 👍

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 8, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:56 pm

I wish you could purchase a normal amount of points through this promotion. I'll only be able to get a few nights out of the deal - not that I blame them, but still... Kind of dickish that they didn't give us a heads up about the change.

Last edited by synergistic; Oct 8, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Playing around with bw.com feels like some kind of crazy error, everything is 10K. Nuts.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to use the deal myself despite having a good stash of BW points, but man, I'm sure some of you are making out like bandits!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heraclitus
Playing around with bw.com feels like some kind of crazy error, everything is 10K. Nuts.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to use the deal myself despite having a good stash of BW points, but man, I'm sure some of you are making out like bandits!
I'm in the much the same boat. I only tend to need BW redemptions during (non-family-visit) travels, but I don't have any such travels planned for either this promo period or soon enough after that to know what hotel stays I'll need. My next major trip won't be until May 2018, and I don't even know whether there are any BWs where I'll need hotels which aren't super cheap on cash (and so little sense to book for even just 10k points), and in any case I don't know if I'll have my travel itinerary nailed down enough in time to use 10k points if I did want to.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:03 am

There are some really nice hotels you can stay at with this promo.

The one in Vancouver (Premier Collection one) is beautiful.

I booked the Cartwright in San Francisco which is recently renovated.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
This could be a fun game, what's the best bang for the buck you can find with this 10K point promo

Sadly my only trip during the promo period is a winter vacation to FLL and I will not be able to persuade the Mrs to give up our current oceanfront accommodations for the somewhat less impressive south Florida BW options
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by heraclitus
This could be a fun game, what's the best bang for the buck you can find with this 10K point promo

Sadly my only trip during the promo period is a winter vacation to FLL and I will not be able to persuade the Mrs to give up our current oceanfront accommodations for the somewhat less impressive south Florida BW options
Booked a couple of stays

one over Thanksgiving $130/nt for 10k, and then one over MLK wknd, for $270/nt for 10k.

Those are values I've generally never gotten from any hotels rewards program.

So finally 5 years of gathering BW points, and never redeeming, gets some payback.

I'd kind of forgotten about this account.

Yay!

Thanks for starting this thread.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
You're welcome, Akr! And I thank everybody for participating in this thread ^ !

Thank you, Born_to_run for Post #21 . Darn it, I want to get rid of my 4500 points, but I hesitated to buy 6000 more !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.