Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any way to quickly earn 1200 points?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

any way to quickly earn 1200 points?

Is there any way to quickly earn 1200 points without a stay? Promotions, transfer from other programs, etc?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmw303
Is there any way to quickly earn 1200 points without a stay? Promotions, transfer from other programs, etc?
You can transfer from Diners Club Club Rewards or Amex Membership Rewards if you belong to one of those programs (at least in the USA versions of those programs).
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The smallest Diners' Club transaction is 1250 of their points, which will get you 3300 BW points. Last time I checked, any friend/ relative/ colleague of yours who has a DC account can transfer into your BW. Check the DC forum to see if this is still true. If so, you can go to FT's own The Coupon Connection (if you have access) to find a co-operative FTer "friend."

Or rent a car, preferably from Avis or Budget:
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/be...-partners.html

Or just buy 2000 points for US$20.

Last edited by Brendan; Oct 1, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Or just buy 2000 points for US$20.
I can't seem to find the Buy Points link on the BW website. I read elsewhere that buying points is only available to certain elite membership levels. Is this true?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
I can't seem to find the Buy Points link on the BW website. I read elsewhere that buying points is only available to certain elite membership levels. Is this true?
Click Customer Service
Scroll to BW Rewards
Click Read FAQs
Scroll to Earning BW Rewards
Click Can I Purchase BW Points

I'm not aware that you need status to buy points.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by tanfox
Click Customer Service
Scroll to BW Rewards
Click Read FAQs
Scroll to Earning BW Rewards
Click Can I Purchase BW Points

I'm not aware that you need status to buy points.
Thanks, I had seen this too. But can you tell me where the link is to actually make the purchase? I'm not finding that (FWIW, I don't have status with BW right now).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Thanks, I had seen this too. But can you tell me where the link is to actually make the purchase? I'm not finding that (FWIW, I don't have status with BW right now).
You need to call Best Western Rewards customer service
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
You need to call Best Western Rewards customer service
Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You can transfer from Diners Club Club Rewards or Amex Membership Rewards if you belong to one of those programs (at least in the USA versions of those programs).
I believe Best Western is no longer a transfer partner with AMEX MR. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ended a year or two ago.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe Best Western is no longer a transfer partner with AMEX MR. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ended a year or two ago.
Yes, it did end, but I don't think it was necessarily that long ago.

It was a pretty lousy transfer rate (compared to Diners Club), so I'm not sure if there was an "announcement" in the Amex forum when it happened. It was just noticed after a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.