FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   any way to quickly earn 1200 points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1855197-any-way-quickly-earn-1200-points.html)

bmw303 Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

any way to quickly earn 1200 points?

Is there any way to quickly earn 1200 points without a stay? Promotions, transfer from other programs, etc?

sdsearch Jul 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 28583774)
Is there any way to quickly earn 1200 points without a stay? Promotions, transfer from other programs, etc?

You can transfer from Diners Club Club Rewards or Amex Membership Rewards if you belong to one of those programs (at least in the USA versions of those programs).

Brendan Oct 1, 2017 9:08 pm

The smallest Diners' Club transaction is 1250 of their points, which will get you 3300 BW points. Last time I checked, any friend/ relative/ colleague of yours who has a DC account can transfer into your BW. Check the DC forum to see if this is still true. If so, you can go to FT's own The Coupon Connection (if you have access) to find a co-operative FTer "friend."

Or rent a car, preferably from Avis or Budget:
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/be...-partners.html

Or just buy 2000 points for US$20.

Dadofsix Oct 5, 2017 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 28882521)
Or just buy 2000 points for US$20.

I can't seem to find the Buy Points link on the BW website. I read elsewhere that buying points is only available to certain elite membership levels. Is this true?

tanfox Oct 5, 2017 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dadofsix (Post 28898462)
I can't seem to find the Buy Points link on the BW website. I read elsewhere that buying points is only available to certain elite membership levels. Is this true?

Click Customer Service
Scroll to BW Rewards
Click Read FAQs
Scroll to Earning BW Rewards
Click Can I Purchase BW Points

I'm not aware that you need status to buy points.

Dadofsix Oct 6, 2017 1:35 am

Originally Posted by tanfox (Post 28898935)
Click Customer Service
Scroll to BW Rewards
Click Read FAQs
Scroll to Earning BW Rewards
Click Can I Purchase BW Points

I'm not aware that you need status to buy points.

Thanks, I had seen this too. But can you tell me where the link is to actually make the purchase? I'm not finding that (FWIW, I don't have status with BW right now).

MasterGeek Oct 6, 2017 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Dadofsix (Post 28899536)
Thanks, I had seen this too. But can you tell me where the link is to actually make the purchase? I'm not finding that (FWIW, I don't have status with BW right now).

You need to call Best Western Rewards customer service

Dadofsix Oct 6, 2017 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek (Post 28900545)
You need to call Best Western Rewards customer service

Thanks for the info.

Dadofsix Oct 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 28585186)
You can transfer from Diners Club Club Rewards or Amex Membership Rewards if you belong to one of those programs (at least in the USA versions of those programs).

I believe Best Western is no longer a transfer partner with AMEX MR. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ended a year or two ago.

sdsearch Oct 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dadofsix (Post 28972140)
I believe Best Western is no longer a transfer partner with AMEX MR. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ended a year or two ago.

Yes, it did end, but I don't think it was necessarily that long ago.

It was a pretty lousy transfer rate (compared to Diners Club), so I'm not sure if there was an "announcement" in the Amex forum when it happened. It was just noticed after a while.