Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can multiple travel cards be used together?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

Let's say my lodging bill is $500. Can I use 5x $100 travel cards to pay? I don't imagine that would be a problem, but it's not in their FAQ, and the hotel (Seward BW) is closed for the season until May.

[edit] called central reservation and it got more complicated. Agent checked with supervisor and said yes, they do stack normally, BUT because all rates at that hotel require an advanced deposit of the first night charged to the CC, that usually means the system won't allow the hotel to accept travel cards, as those are usable when CC is only used to guarantee, but not when CC is used to deposit. She did say there is a chance the hotel may allow it, but we won't know until May when it opens for the season.

Any experience to validate/refute the agent's claim?

(what a God awful system if true.)

Last edited by italdesign; Mar 26, 2015 at 12:04 am
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:59 pm

I have never had problems with mixed payment methods - one or several of cash, credit card, travel cards. In fact, you may even be able to get away with the hotel only having access to your credit card but stating clearly you'll be paying with travel cards in the comments on the reservation.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by italdesign
Let's say my lodging bill is $500. Can I use 5x $100 travel cards to pay? I don't imagine that would be a problem, but it's not in their FAQ, and the hotel (Seward BW) is closed for the season until May.

[edit] called central reservation and it got more complicated. Agent checked with supervisor and said yes, they do stack normally, BUT because all rates at that hotel require an advanced deposit of the first night charged to the CC, that usually means the system won't allow the hotel to accept travel cards, as those are usable when CC is only used to guarantee, but not when CC is used to deposit. She did say there is a chance the hotel may allow it, but we won't know until May when it opens for the season.

Any experience to validate/refute the agent's claim?

(what a God awful system if true.)
The best thing to do is contact their customer care department and merge all the cards into one. I have done this a few times. ( after a BRG approved stay, ) Now they send and electronic card for BRG re imbursements. I usually merge them onto my Physiacal card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.