Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SuperSaver rates don't earn points/miles/promotions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador

I stayed at the Best Western Kuala Lumpur three times during the Summer promotion to qualify for the free night. They confirm that I registered correctly, but are now claiming the the Supersaver rates do not qualify for promotions or even earning points!

This is particularly odd, since the current Supersaver promotion touts "earn 1,000 bonus points", which implies that the rate is a qualifying one. There is certainly no disclosure on the website that tells you in advance the rate does not earn points, though the rep did send me a screen shot of their internal system. I've never seen any other hotel loyalty program disqualify a normal advertised rate on their website as non-qualifying, particularly without telling people about it prominently up front.

Crazy stuff- I'd advise any frequent flyer who is looking for an honest hotel loyalty program to steer clear of Best Western- though I guess looking at the activity of this forum, others have also realized the same. But still- I understand no elite privileges, no upgrades- but bait and switch and deceptive customer advertising? I think that's a clear case of fraud, and will avoid all Best Western hotels going forwards.

Friendlyplanet
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
This is particularly odd, since the current Supersaver promotion touts "earn 1,000 bonus points", which implies that the rate is a qualifying one. There is certainly no disclosure on the website that tells you in advance the rate does not earn points, though the rep did send me a screen shot of their internal system.
What current Supersaver promotion? What Supersaver rates??? Link???

I've been reading the Best Western forum for years, and have been a member of Best Western for years, and yet I've never heard the term "Supersaver" associated with Best Western before.

There is a current Best Western promotion that touts "earn 1,000 bonus points", but it's for every stay booked online. See here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...all&ptype=base

It mentions (thought i'ts not required for the 1,000 bonus points) that you can get up to 20% off, but the promo codes are BEST VALUE or WEB SPECIAL, not Supersaver.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What current Supersaver promotion? What Supersaver rates??? Link???

I've been reading the Best Western forum for years, and have been a member of Best Western for years, and yet I've never heard the term "Supersaver" associated with Best Western before.

There is a current Best Western promotion that touts "earn 1,000 bonus points", but it's for every stay booked online. See here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...all&ptype=base

It mentions (thought i'ts not required for the 1,000 bonus points) that you can get up to 20% off, but the promo codes are BEST VALUE or WEB SPECIAL, not Supersaver.
Yes, when I click on the Best Western promotion for the 1,000 bonus points, put in the Kuala Lumpur hotel, the 20% promotional rate shows up as "Super Saver"- here's a screenshot-

I think it's what they call their web special rate. Absolutely no disclosure anywhere, under the rate plan details or the booking confirmation that these rates do not earn points or count towards promotional nights. It was only after numerous follow up emails that the rep, Ben Pinraksa, dug the following out of the internal Best Western system-

I think this is clearly a bait and switch, and I'll be taking my and my companies business (216 employees) away from Best Western in the future.

not so Friendly
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, maybe this a rate specific to Malaysia (or at least Asia)? I've never seen this specific "Supersaver" option in the Americas or Europe.

Anyway, I suggest you call them (voice) on the phone and ask to talk to a supervisor (if you haven't already).

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 11, 2014 at 9:01 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, maybe this a rate specific to Malaysia (or at least Asia)? I've never seen this specific "Supersaver" option in the Americas or Europe.

Anyway, I suggest you call them (voice) on the phone and ask to talk to a supervisor (if you haven't already).
Thanks- the rep got back to me and agreed to grant me the free night despite the lack of what he said was qualifying stays, so all good now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.