Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

do airline transfer partners depend on country of residence?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

I have a few orphan BW points in my account. Since the program is pretty much useless IMO I was just going to transfer the points into 1k miles.

However, the only option I see online is to transfer the points to Air Berlin (which I have very little interest in doing). Is this correct or am I missing something? (current address on file is in Germany, I could of course change my address if that would enable me to transfer miles to other FFPs).

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure. I do know that for a long time (though not right now) the ariline transfer options online for my account (based in the US) were broken, only showing Canadian airlines. Even today (when it lists 8 airlines I can transfer into, some US-based and some not US-based), it omits (US-based) United (which is a direct-earning partner) and many others that are showing on the direct-earning list.

So you may need to call up Best Western on the phone to sort this out for sure, because last time I had to call up to transfer to an airline which it wouldn't let me transfer to online.

And I don't know if it's as simple as changing your address. At Best Western, when you sign up, you're put into one of a zilllion different categories of Best Western membership. Those depend on affiliation, but they may also depend on the country where you first signed up. Even if you change your address, you may still remain in the same program, and if it's the program that limits you, rather than your address, then it'll all have been for nothing.

So you may want to try to find out what the real story is (not trust the onilne site), before you go messing up your account in ways that may not even matter.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 4, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.