Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Address on file keeps bouncing back to my German address

Old Aug 18, 14, 9:56 am
htb
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold

Does anyone else have this problem? My address on file with bestwestern.com keeps bouncing back to my German address, and I have to ask BW to change it back to my US address periodically (about once every year or two).

This is a big nuisance because the campaigns in Germany are usually crap (extra points only for stays in Germany and Luxemburg ).

This time I was two stays into the free night after three stays when my address switched back to Germany and the promotion vanished from the overview in my account.

I've sent a note to the BW team -- let's see what they have to say about it.

HTB.
Old Aug 18, 14, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is your US address a real address at which you get mail?

Is it possible they sent a confirmation letter to your US address which had instructions you had to follow to confirm the address?
Old Aug 18, 14, 11:05 pm
htb
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
The address has been on file for about 2 years without problems. But you are right: mail sent there would probably not be delivered.

Nevertheless, it would be strange to just replace the address with another one without first contacting me by email.

HTB.
Old Aug 19, 14, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb View Post
The address has been on file for about 2 years without problems. But you are right: mail sent there would probably not be delivered.
Ah. Well every year or two sounds like they're sending you a new card in the mail, it gets returned to sender for "recipient not at this address" or "undelivarable as addressed", and they get it back, and they have to remove that address, and then intsead of no address it pops up your previously-working address.

If you really want to maintain a fake address in the US, you should find someone who has zero interest in Best Western themselves (so they won't ever have their own account at their address) but who would be willling to let you use their address, and then be wiling to not "return to sender" when BW mail arrives addressed to you at their address. (But it obviously has to also be someone who's not likely to move for a long, long time.)

Such a person (who has zero interest in Best Western themselves) is, of course, not likely to be found here in the Best Western forum...

Originally Posted by htb View Post
Nevertheless, it would be strange to just replace the address with another one without first contacting me by email.
Actually, not strange to me. BW has never emailed me about anything having to do with my account. And BW US is not so good at email in general; they're great on the phone, but not so great in email. Their primary methods of communication seem to be snail mail and phone, not email. (And obviously you're not getting their snail mail!)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 19, 14 at 6:51 pm

Search this Thread