Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SPRING14: earn 1500 bonus points (2000 if elite) per stay, 2/3/14-4/7/14. uncapped

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPRING14: earn 1500 bonus points (2000 if elite) per stay, 2/3/14-4/7/14. uncapped

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

(Somewhat similar to the last round: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...-uncapped.html , but with some differences including more points.)

The generic version, SPRING14, is once again confusingly worded, to make it sound like you have to use the Internet Only rate to earn the points:
BWR members who book IO / I rate on bw.com between 2/3/14 - 4/6/14 receive up to 20% discount & receive up to 2,000 bonus points
but if you read the T&Cs carefully you'll see it's two promotions intertwined but separate:
Guests who book a reservation on bestwestern.com** at the Internet Only rate plan between February 3, 2014, and April 6, 2014, for a stay commencing during the Promotion Period will receive up to a 20% discount off the Best Available Rate. Promotion registration is not required to receive the Internet Only discounted rate. Discounted Internet Only rate is available only at participating hotels. Discounts will vary by hotel up to 20%. The individual hotel?s reservation cancellation and modification policies will apply and may vary by hotel. Additionally, Best Western Rewards members residing in a participating country (for list visit bestwestern.com) who (a) book a reservation for a qualifying stay* during the Promotion Period on bestwestern.com**; (b) provide their Best Western Rewards account number at the time of booking; (c) register for the Promotion prior to the qualifying stay; and (d) complete the qualifying stay during the Promotion Period will earn 1,500 bonus Best Western Rewards points. Members residing outside of a participating country? who (w) book a reservation for a qualifying stay* during the Promotion Period on bestwestern.com**; (x) provide their Best Western Rewards account number at the time of booking; (y) register for the Promotion prior to the qualifying stay; and (z) complete the qualifying stay at a Best Western® branded hotel in a participating country during the Promotion Period will earn 1,500 bonus Best Western Rewards points. Elite Members who register for the Promotion prior to booking will receive an additional 500 bonus points for each qualifying stay. Best Western Rewards enrollment is required prior to booking. Best Western Rewards enrollment can be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com. There is no limit to the number of Promotional Rate discounts and booking bonuses a guest may receive during the Promotion Period. These offers may not be able to be combined with certain other offers, promotions, or discounts. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Allow up to six weeks after the completed qualifying stay for posting of the Best Western Rewards bonus points. *A qualifying stay for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards through Best Western Rewards. Only one check-in/check-out permitted per qualifying stay. ** Bookings made on the Best Western International, Inc. mobile website or application will also be eligible for the discounted rate and bonus points offer. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. ©2014 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved. Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated.
The AAA version makes no difference of the Internet Only rate (because they expect you to use AAA rates, of course), and doesn't intertwine the same way. It makes the typical looney (and always inaccurate) mention of having to book on a AAA-specific BW site.

To see all these options, go to bestwestern.com, log in, go to My Account, then on the left under REWARD OFFERS click on Register to Special Offers.

I also see an Aeroplan promo with slightly different dates:
Earn 1,750 bonus Aeroplan miles for every reservation made on bw.com between Feb 1 and March 31, 2014
but nothing for any other airlines.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Has anyone had the bonuses post? I've had a stay post, but not the bonus. If they post separately, any ideas on how long to wait?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clublounger
Has anyone had the bonuses post? I've had a stay post, but not the bonus. If they post separately, any ideas on how long to wait?
While I haven't had a stay toward this promo yet, in general BW points tend to post in drips and drabs over a few days. Base points might post one day, an elite status bonus might post a day or two later, and a promo bonus might post a day or two at least after that, sometimes maybe a week or more?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clublounger
Well, it turns out I did have a stay towards this promo after all. (I had thought I didn't, because I had accidentally left my earning preference set to miles, and I saw that I did earn miles, but today I logged in and saw that I earned the 1500+500=2000 bonus points on that stay anyway.)

Anyway, because I wasn't expecting to earn this bonus on this miles-earning stay, I didn't check for over a week. So I can't say how long it took, except that it was more than a week after that stay but less than two and a half weeks after the stay.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm new to Best Western Rewards but status matched to Diamond.

Having completed 2 separate stays in the last couple of weeks all I can see is 2 x 250 BW points in my account. Except... I'm expecting 2000 points per stay from the booking bonus (I booked Internet only rates via the Best Western website)

I also have my account set to earn Aeroplan miles for the 8x promotion, but I haven't seen any miles.

I used a Canadian address for my BW Rewards account (which I think was needed for the Aeroplan promo) so I wonder what have I done wrong? Any ideas?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Having completed 2 separate stays in the last couple of weeks all I can see is 2 x 250 BW points in my account. Except... I'm expecting 2000 points per stay from the booking bonus (I booked Internet only rates via the Best Western website)

I also have my account set to earn Aeroplan miles for the 8x promotion, but I haven't seen any miles.

I used a Canadian address for my BW Rewards account (which I think was needed for the Aeroplan promo) so I wonder what have I done wrong? Any ideas?
You can't earn points if your account is set to miles! That's the first problem. You've earned 250 miles per stay, not 250 points per stay,

As to the 8x ("1750") Aeroplan promo, the promo that ends March 31 says:
BWR members who (a) reside in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Island; (b) book a reservation for a qualifying stay during the promotion period on bestwestern.com** at any Best Western® branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands; (c) provide their BWR account number at the time of booking; (d) register for the Promotion during the Promotion Period; (e) have chosen Aeroplan as their earning preference; and (f) complete that qualifying stay during the Promotion Period, will earn 1,750 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for each qualifying stay.
Were your stays in US, Canada, or Caribbean? As you can see in the T&Cs above, only stays in those countries qualify for the 8x promo. (And that stay restriction to those countries is also in the promo that start April 1, even though the residence restriction isn't.)

But the T&Cs for the Aeroplan promo also say:
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for Bonus Aeroplan Miles to post after completed stay.
So if you did stay in the right country, it could simply be that you haven't waited long enough.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 30, 2014 at 3:51 am
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You can't earn points if your account is set to miles! That's the first problem. You've earned 250 miles per stay, not 250 points per stay,

As to the 8x ("1750") Aeroplan promo, the promo that ends March 31 says:
BWR members who (a) reside in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Island; (b) book a reservation for a qualifying stay during the promotion period on bestwestern.com** at any Best Western® branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands; (c) provide their BWR account number at the time of booking; (d) register for the Promotion during the Promotion Period; (e) have chosen Aeroplan as their earning preference; and (f) complete that qualifying stay during the Promotion Period, will earn 1,750 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for each qualifying stay.
Were your stays in US, Canada, or Caribbean? As you can see in the T&Cs above, only stays in those countries qualify for the 8x promo. (And that stay restriction to those countries is also in the promo that start April 1, even though the residence restriction isn't.)

But the T&Cs for the Aeroplan promo also say:
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for Bonus Aeroplan Miles to post after completed stay.
So if you did stay in the right country, it could simply be that you haven't waited long enough.
Thanks for the help. The stays were in Canada so should qualify.

My BW account is still showing 500 BW points. When are these "swept" out of my account into Aeroplan miles?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My BW account is still showing 500 BW points. When are these "swept" out of my account into Aeroplan miles?
No, it's not showing 500 BW points, it's showing 500 Aeroplan miles. Look closely at the header of the online BW point activity. The columns are labeled:
Check In
Transaction Date
Description
Night/Award Count
Points/Miles
Bonus Points/Miles
Total
So the Points/Miles column (or Bonus Points/Miles column) is the same whether it's points or miles.

The Description is the only place that may explain it. Here's an example Description I have that was for UA miles (and note that they called it CO miles, even though CO as an airline merged with UA a few years ago and doesn't exist as CO any more!):
BEST WESTERN PLUS Meridian Inn And Suites, Anaheim-Orange, Orange (CO Miles)
It's not like SPG where you earn a specilal number of points (such as 500) which are then transferred to miles (though their "Direct Deposit" feature). At BW, there is no situation where you earn 250 points on a stay (unless your room rate, by magic, is only $25.00). If you see the number 250 for a stay itself (not for a feedback survey bonus or anything like that), it's basically guiarnateed to be miles and not BW points.

Since I don't belong to Aeroplan and have never earned Aeroplan at BW, I cannot tell you if & how Aeroplan earning on a stay is indicated. Since it's so messed for UA (=CO), it could be even more messed for Aeroplan, I suppose!

Similarly, I have no idea how frequent the sweep is, or whether BW -> Aeroplan is known for delays in posting or not. (My UA miles from BW stays post within days of showing up on the BW side; in the case of UA, it's on the BW side that they're delayed a week or more, relative to stays that earn poitns, because BW tends to wait until they've sent the miles to the airline before showing on the BW site that you earned those miles from a stay.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 1, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, it's not showing 500 BW points, it's showing 500 Aeroplan miles. Look closely at the header of the online BW point activity. The columns are labeled:
Check In
Transaction Date
Description
Night/Award Count
Points/Miles
Bonus Points/Miles
Total
So the Points/Miles column (or Bonus Points/Miles column) is the same whether it's points or miles.

The Description is the only place that may explain it. Here's an example Description I have that was for UA miles (and note that they called it CO miles, even though CO as an airline merged with UA a few years ago and doesn't exist as CO any more!):
BEST WESTERN PLUS Meridian Inn And Suites, Anaheim-Orange, Orange (CO Miles)
It's not like SPG where you earn a specilal number of points (such as 500) which are then transferred to miles (though their "Direct Deposit" feature). At BW, there is no situation where you earn 250 points on a stay (unless your room rate, by magic, is only $25.00). If you see the number 250 for a stay itself (not for a feedback survey bonus or anything like that), it's basically guiarnateed to be miles and not BW points.

Since I don't belong to Aeroplan and have never earned Aeroplan at BW, I cannot tell you if & how Aeroplan earning on a stay is indicated. Since it's so messed for UA (=CO), it could be even more messed for Aeroplan, I suppose!

Similarly, I have no idea how frequent the sweep is, or whether BW -> Aeroplan is known for delays in posting or not. (My UA miles from BW stays post within days of showing up on the BW side; in the case of UA, it's on the BW side that they're delayed a week or more, relative to stays that earn poitns, because BW tends to wait until they've sent the miles to the airline before showing on the BW site that you earned those miles from a stay.)

Thanks so much for your help but it seems that that's not quite it...

My account is now showing 500 miles in the Points/Miles column, with descriptions of Air Canada. These arrived in the last day or two. (but haven't hit my Aeroplan account) I also have received 500 points in the Bonus Points / Miles column, which I have no idea what they refer to.

I found this in the FAQ

Aeroplan and AirMiles earners are not eligible to participate in the Best Western Rewards Spring POINTS Promotion as they have separate offers available.

So I guess I'm not going to get the 2000 BW points I expected. But still confused as to why I would have received 250 bonus BW points per stay...

Hopefully I at least will get the 2000 Aeroplan miles per stay, presumably in two chunks of 250+1750, with the 1750 arriving at some point in the future...

Conclusion... since Diamond status meant nothing to the hotel, I should have just booked on hotels.com and gotten cashback and credit for the 1 free night per 10 stayed...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I guess I'm not going to get the 2000 BW points I expected. But still confused as to why I would have received 250 bonus BW points per stay...

Hopefully I at least will get the 2000 Aeroplan miles per stay, presumably in two chunks of 250+1750, with the 1750 arriving at some point in the future...
Was the pre-4/1 version of the Aeroplan promo 1750 bonus points or only 250 bonus points? I can't find it any more (BW no longer shows it as it's after 4/1 now so the new promo is all that shows), but in the past, BW has alternated between 8x (1750 bonus) and 2x (250 bonus).

Again, how do you know it's 250 bonus BW points and not 250 bonus Aeroplan miles? What exactly does it say in the Description for those 250 bonus entries?

Btw, you can also get 250 bonus BW points by doing a survey after your stay, but it then says "Customer Satisfaction Survey Bonus" and it shows it in the normal Points/Miles column, not the Bonus Points/Miles column (don't ask me why!). You get those as BW points even if your earning is set to miles, I believe.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold

Just joined BW, you mention a status match to diamond.

How do you go about getting a status match ( I am Diamond at Hilton HHonors)?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing
Just joined BW, you mention a status match to diamond.

How do you go about getting a status match ( I am Diamond at Hilton HHonors)?
Here's the thread for that:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...ell-match.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.