Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 DL miles for 2day rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold Plus
By using D005297, it saved me $48 on a 3+ days rental at LAX. Thanks a bunch!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by halliegrandpa
By using D005297, it saved me $48 on a 3+ days rental at LAX. Thanks a bunch!
FYI, I don't earn any qualifying rentals for Avis First status when I use D005297. Not really that big of a deal (for me at least) but just wanted to give you the heads-up.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I just booked one for Sat. to Mon. But this through me for a loop:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm not sure how I can stay Friday night and checkout before 3 PM sunday on a Sat. to Mon. rental! , very
I just returned a car renting 10pm on Friday night and returning 9pm Sunday night with no problems, even though my reservation showed the "return by 3pm sunday" note (not on the agreement though, just the email receipt when I booked). I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:13 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Evan!
FYI, I don't earn any qualifying rentals for Avis First status when I use D005297. Not really that big of a deal (for me at least) but just wanted to give you the heads-up.
Since Avis took away points towards free rentals when u credit for miles, I'm not sure what good is 1st anyways.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by rustyr
Since Avis took away points towards free rentals when u credit for miles, I'm not sure what good is 1st anyways.
True. I became Avis First last year, used some of the free weekend days but found the T&C didn't work very often for me. I don't know. Perhaps Avis First somehow benefits others. Not for me.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FlyMeHomeSoon
And which car exactly did you rent that you are so excited about?
Buick Lucerne--674 miles---loaded including XM radio--28 mpg.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So before picking up the Avis car, where do you park your own car if street parking is not available? Paying parking for my car at SEA before picking up the rental car adds to the cpm. If I can get this figured out, I will go for it.... $67.90 ai for a subcompact, about 1.35cpm, pretty good for the SQ redemption.

(bumming myself for not reading this earlier.. just came back from a weekend SAN trip and used Hertz. )
Old Jun 24, 2009, 6:40 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by buschoi
So before picking up the Avis car, where do you park your own car if street parking is not available? Paying parking for my car at SEA before picking up the rental car adds to the cpm. If I can get this figured out, I will go for it.... $67.90 ai for a subcompact, about 1.35cpm, pretty good for the SQ redemption.

(bumming myself for not reading this earlier.. just came back from a weekend SAN trip and used Hertz. )
You might want to consider doing the Wyndham 10K promo along with this- 3 stays nets 10K miles with quite a few different airlines- then you have a parking spot for your car. Theres are at least 2 properties near airport that offer park and fly w/shuttle srvc to/fro a/port.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
miles posted

My first rental just posted to my Delta sky miles today 5100 points for two day rental.^
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You might want to consider doing the Wyndham 10K promo along with this- 3 stays nets 10K miles with quite a few different airlines- then you have a parking spot for your car. Theres are at least 2 properties near airport that offer park and fly w/shuttle srvc to/fro a/port.
^. Brilliant idea. Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
The Wyndham deal is worth 15k for US with 50% bonus promo
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I just booked one for Sat. to Mon. But this through me for a loop:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm not sure how I can stay Friday night and checkout before 3 PM sunday on a Sat. to Mon. rental! , very
Yes, it's poorly worded by Avis. To qualify as a Weekend Rental:
1. If U pick-up Thu. or Fri., U must keep it at least till Sat. AM.
2. U must check the car out of the Avis garage (pick it up) before 3 PM Sunday, which of course includes all day Sat.!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:45 am

Consecutive rentals at same airport allowed?

Can we make two 2-day rentals back to back from the same airport or is that not allowed?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by svasandani
Can we make two 2-day rentals back to back from the same airport or is that not allowed?
Last year I did 3 2-day rentals at PHX with Budget back-to-back. I got the bonus on all 3. Several times I have dropped of one 4-day rental at Avis just to walk over to the Preferred board and find my space for another rental. I have always gotten the bonuses. I am fairly confident that you are paying more for the back-to-backs in total then you would if they were combined into one rental. If not on rate then on the combined taxes. But Avis should have no problem as long as you don't exceed the 5 limit cap for MUAA088. But then again, I exceeded the 3-limit cap on a promo Avis did last year as well as one Budget did and got all my bonuses. Fear not. There is nothing in the T&C about consecutive rentals at the same location.

I think hotels do this because there is (usually) no incremental costs to checking out and checking back in each day. So they disallow this behavior. I have never known any car rental promotion that disallows consecutive rentals at the same location.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:54 pm

Another great rental at PWM---this was the third of five rentals to take advantage of the promotion. Booked a sub-compact and was given a Buick Lucerne---loaded. Great car 29 mpg with all the ggodies including XM radio moonroof etc.---two rentals to go and hoping for the same car.^Thumbs up to Avis--this kind of service keeps me loyal--oh car had 1100 miles--very pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.