Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 DL miles for 2day rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I need some help with the codes people are using for california (smf/sfo) or florida (tpa). trying all the codes above, the lowest I can get is $51.80 ai with D005297 for a 2 day at smf. considering 10,000 miles is $100 off a PWM ticket and likewise, 5000 miles is $50 off a ticket, and I'm spending $50 to get 5000 miles.... I can't make this work for me yet. least not like last years games. anybody having any better luck?
$51.80 all-in is not a bad deal in California given the atrocious taxes out there. Check out the G540700 code as it sometimes helps a bit with the price. Also, try booking on AA.com, Delta.com, and Southwest.com both with and without corporate codes as you sometimes will find a better rate on the airline sites.

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
fwiw, I have no necessary rentals planned. I'd only be doing these to get the miles only.
Good... my addiction is spreading. Just ask Evan! about it.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Potentially useful code for weekend rents

If your timeframes meet the weekend-rate parameters, you don't mind a compact and it's before June 30, try plugging in X838000 in the AWD field to use with the MUAA088.

I need to rent for 3 days for an FLL trip soon and it was giving total base rates from $126-143 for the entire stay. With the new AWD, one option popped up for a compact at $59.97, or 19.99/day. It also accepted the coupon. The all-in total was about $91 (taxes in FLL very high), which is the best I could coax out of Alamo or National, but without the mile bonus.

Here's the Mousesavers.com page where I found the code

Could be very helpful for weekend rents in other cities where other rates are stubbornly high.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow - good thing I read the terms.

I was about to try to use this for a short rental in LA (not an airport location) and another one in Europe (US and Canada only).

Seems like it's a little harder to use than I expected.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Rented a subcompact---72.58 all in. I was upgraded to a premium--new (600 miles) Mercury Grand Marquis--nice ride. My Delta point total on my receipt 5100 miles. Looks good.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:29 pm

I can confirm that the 24 hour advance booking is for real. I booked Friday, June 5 for a June 5-7 rental and only got 500 miles.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by johnep1
I can confirm that the 24 hour advance booking is for real. I booked Friday, June 5 for a June 5-7 rental and only got 500 miles.
I think this depends on the station. Last DL promotion, not all my reservations had 24 advance notice. Regardless, its always better to obey the t+c to avoid issues later.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
WOW---just booked four day rental using code D005297 at PWM location for $90+$20.79--all in $110.79. Was upgraded to premium car this past weekend and will probably get a good upgrade again (will request same car if available) gotta love it^
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by derby44
WOW---just booked four day rental using code D005297 at PWM location for $90+$20.79--all in $110.79. Was upgraded to premium car this past weekend and will probably get a good upgrade again (will request same car if available) gotta love it^
And which car exactly did you rent that you are so excited about?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
You should be ok if you do it before they print your receipt. As such, when you get to the return area, stop the returns agent and head inside with your gas and mileage level. Ask them to apply the coupon and make sure your DL ffp # is on your res.
Worked ^

Added the coupon upon car return; 5000 bonus miles posted today.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
noticed my miles were posted onto my DL account this a.m.

^
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
$51.80 all-in is not a bad deal in California given the atrocious taxes out there. Check out the G540700 code as it sometimes helps a bit with the price. Also, try booking on AA.com, Delta.com, and Southwest.com both with and without corporate codes as you sometimes will find a better rate on the airline sites.
Only a few years ago, California car rentals in most cities had some of the lowest taxes in the country. Now in California taxes are sky high and the state still can't manage their budget.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I just booked one for Sat. to Mon. But this through me for a loop:

Coupon:
MUAA088Accepted (See Notes)
Rate Rules:
Friday Night Stay is Required
Maximum 4 Day(s) and 12 hour(s)
Checkout before 3PM Sunday
Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm not sure how I can stay Friday night and checkout before 3 PM sunday on a Sat. to Mon. rental! , very
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:58 pm

I spoke too soon. The 500 miles was from something else. I just checked again and the 5000 miles were there. This was on a booking made just a few hours before pick-up (well inside 24 hours).
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I spoke too soon. The 500 miles was from something else. I just checked again and the 5000 miles were there. This was on a booking made just a few hours before pick-up (well inside 24 hours).
Good for you. !!
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:21 am

Just returned from three day rental--booked sub-compact--received Buick Lucerne (loaded including XM radio) and receipt included the 5000 points for the second time this week. I have two more rentals booked in July and will probably book another to receive the full 25000 Delta bonus. Counter rep told me to mention how much I enjoyed the Lucerne and would probably get it again---(almost 28 mpg) very nice ride^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.