Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
YYJ now has the Pontiac G8 as a fullsize, just the V6 model. Still, I'm gonna try one out while we have the chance!
Old May 17, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: UA1K, UC. AA- EXP, AC, Avis First, Marriott Plat Premier, HH-Diamond
G8 GT's at YOW... Very nice car.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by InsideThePlane
G8 GT's at YOW... Very nice car.
I rented a Pontiac G8 GT at Avis YYZ last week and was very impressed. Avis locations in the GTA are renting the V6 powered G8's as a regular full size and the V8 powered G8 GT's as an X class. YYZ is also renting the 2010 Mustang GT convertible as an X class.

Last month a downtown Toronto Avis location gave me a 2009 Malibu for a full size reservation. I emailed Avis customer service about this and they confirmed that the Malibu is now a full size. The Malibu was a fully loaded "2LT" model and had very low mileage.

Has anyone been able to rent the 2010 Camaro yet? I noticed Avis is now advertising it as an exclusive on their home page.
Old May 28, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC*G; BD*G; CX; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diam
I picked up a G8 GT from YYZ and was also very impressed. Good looking car that is both aggressive and refined at the same time.

Very fun car to drive, with good handling, powerful acceleration and enjoyable gear box. There is a small lag in the response between pressure on the gas pedal and acceleration of speed but once the system kicks in, the throttle is most impressive!

Car is fully electronic and I think the array of capabilities is quite remarkable. Just about anything you can want for electronics is available.

Quite roomy and spacious both in front and the back with a respectable luggage space.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyyyz
I picked up a G8 GT from YYZ and was also very impressed. Good looking car that is both aggressive and refined at the same time.

Very fun car to drive, with good handling, powerful acceleration and enjoyable gear box. There is a small lag in the response between pressure on the gas pedal and acceleration of speed but once the system kicks in, the throttle is most impressive!

Car is fully electronic and I think the array of capabilities is quite remarkable. Just about anything you can want for electronics is available.

Quite roomy and spacious both in front and the back with a respectable luggage space.
I definitely know what you mean. However... the Pontiac G8 GXP is a whole different class from the GT. If they have one available, get that one.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

YUL had a bunch of Buick Enclaves this week and last... quite a nice ride! It shows as Class L (Tahoe). They also had 2 Mustang GT's in the "Chairman" spots when I returned my Enclave (I'd assume that's a specialty car)! They also had a Ford Flex, but I don't know what category that was in.

Every vehicle on their lot that they offered me (Lucerne, Enclaves, Sebring Convertibles, Flex) were < 100 miles, so they must have received a new fleet in the last week or so! A preferred member beside me was getting low-mileage options as well!

I'll update the thread heading later and maybe put in a quick report about the Enclave.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:25 pm

Class D?

Is Class D (standard) not filled in, or does Avis uniformly stock this with Ford Fusions? I'm renting out of SFO next month and am wondering what class I should reserve myself; a Fusion is okay, but if it looks like they'll stick me with Chrysler Sebring or something similar I may reconsider.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjdesmond
Is Class D (standard) not filled in, or does Avis uniformly stock this with Ford Fusions? I'm renting out of SFO next month and am wondering what class I should reserve myself; a Fusion is okay, but if it looks like they'll stick me with Chrysler Sebring or something similar I may reconsider.
I've never rented a D, so I can't comment and nobody here has posted anything yet. It's a relatively new class, I think, as it used to be Mid-size (G6-ish) and Full-size (Impala), nothing in between. If you get the Fusion, take it. It's a great car and very zippy! I had an MKZ this week & it's basically a Fusion with lots of options, and very fun to drive.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:36 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
You can add Nissan Versa to the Class B: Compact list.

Received this car at PDX a week or two ago.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:34 pm

Location: airport hotel bar (still drowning my sorrows about being blasted by Hans Solo on Hoth)
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, and Chick-Fil-A A-List
Volkswagen Passat at AUS (full size)

I reserved full size - and was assigned to a Chrysler 300C as an upgrade. I requested the Passat after I saw it on the line – and I’m glad I did. Agent mentioned Passat is rented as a full size vehicle. My vehicle was a 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo model with North Carolina plates. While this vehicle had 35K+ miles and some noticeable tire noise, it also had an upscale interior, nice ride, and accelerated quickly. I also appreciated that it didn't constantly downshift on the slightest of inclines like many other 4-cylinder vehicles. I live in Austin, rent frequently from Avis, and this is the first Passat I've seen in their fleet here. A great vehicle for my family's road trip!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:57 am

Location: Spring, TX (17 minutes from IAH - then another 30 to park)
Programs: CO PresPlat, IHG Plat RA, WN A+, FL a+, Avis PC
Convertible

I've received two Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertibles. One at ATL and one in TPA. Good looking from the outside. Not really a back seat or trunk to speak of. Crazily insanely loud stereo, with a subwoofer where the center back seat should be. Sirius sat radio and loads of understeer.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by IGoogledU
I've received two Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertibles. One at ATL and one in TPA. Good looking from the outside. Not really a back seat or trunk to speak of. Crazily insanely loud stereo, with a subwoofer where the center back seat should be. Sirius sat radio and loads of understeer.
I like it, 6 disc mp3 capable cd changer too! all rockford fosgate
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:03 pm

In the mid-size class, it appears the HHR and PT Cruiser have the largest cargo capacity. Between the two, which one do you think has more cargo capacity? Is there another mid-size class that has more cargo capacity than the two?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by champ.49er
In the mid-size class, it appears the HHR and PT Cruiser have the largest cargo capacity. Between the two, which one do you think has more cargo capacity? Is there another mid-size class that has more cargo capacity than the two?
Welcome to FT! I replied in your other post also. The Dodge Caliber might suit you, too. What are you trying to haul? If I were you, I might reserve a full-size (it's usually only ~$2/day more) and then ask for a small SUV (Ford Flex or Edge, Hyundai Tuscan, etc). Even if they can't upgrade you to anything, you could get downgraded (cost-wise, too) to an intermediate that might work for you.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Welcome to FT! I replied in your other post also. The Dodge Caliber might suit you, too. What are you trying to haul? If I were you, I might reserve a full-size (it's usually only ~$2/day more) and then ask for a small SUV (Ford Flex or Edge, Hyundai Tuscan, etc). Even if they can't upgrade you to anything, you could get downgraded (cost-wise, too) to an intermediate that might work for you.
I'm trying to haul 1 large suitcase, 4-5 carry-on suitcases, 3-4 backpacks, and an umbrella stroller. I just need to trunk space to get from MCO to the hotel. A total of 5 passengers. From the pictures on the HHR, PT Cruiser, and Caliber, it appears it may fit if I pack the trunk to the top, but pictures can be deceiving. Do you think it's possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.