Wiki Posts
Search

nothing available at LHR 23/6 - 28/6

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
nothing available at LHR 23/6 - 28/6

I visited the avis website today to book a car at LHR for the above dates and was told that no cars are available!! I thought that Avis prefered customers were garenteed a car? Particularly booking this far in advance, I'm surprised that they wouldn't bring in extra stock from other stations to fulfil a 6 day rental. Looks like Hertz will have to do! Is this a problem with the Avis website or is there a big event on during that period that i don't know about?
Old May 20, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Change your AWD. I show plenty of cars available.

JP

Originally Posted by ptr120
I visited the avis website today to book a car at LHR for the above dates and was told that no cars are available!! I thought that Avis prefered customers were garenteed a car? Particularly booking this far in advance, I'm surprised that they wouldn't bring in extra stock from other stations to fulfil a 6 day rental. Looks like Hertz will have to do! Is this a problem with the Avis website or is there a big event on during that period that i don't know about?
Old May 20, 2008, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Thanks. Found another AWD and cars are available all of a sudden! Why would my corporate AWD cause cars to be unavailable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.