Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any CHM's Get A Corvette Upgrade Yet?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Any CHM's Get A Corvette Upgrade Yet?

Just curious, have any CHM's gotten a upgrade to a corvette yet?
Is such an upgrade even possible?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
I'm trying to think if there is a corvette in that lot. Several Crossfires, and convertible mustangs, but I don't recall seeing a 'vette.

It has been about 3 weeks since I've been there and I'll admit when I land at 11:30pm, I'm not all that interested in looking around the entire lot.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Well LAX just turned down my request, they said that CHM's only qualify for an upgrade to intermediate...
Old Apr 19, 2008, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Well LAX just turned down my request, they said that CHM's only qualify for an upgrade to intermediate...

You have to book a midsize to be eligible for an upgrade, that's in the T&C.

But only upgraded up to intermediate obviously makes no sense.

I've assumed that a Corvette would not be eligible for CHM upgrade, just as Volvo and Hummer are not.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 6:42 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Parked in the Avis garage at FLL today were two brand new Corvettes; one black, one red. They were in the two parking spots closest to the office. The floor beneath the two cars were decorated in some sort of jazzed-up carpeting.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Parked in the Avis garage at FLL today were two brand new Corvettes; one black, one red. They were in the two parking spots closest to the office. The floor beneath the two cars were decorated in some sort of jazzed-up carpeting.
Same thing at MCO last weekend, but there was onle a lone red one. They also had a red rope around it so you didn't go up & touch it, i guess.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 1:08 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Did you speak to the manager? I always politely identify myself as a CHM and then ask to speak to the manager.

If we CHM book an intermediate, we get upgraded to the "best available on the lot" with the exception of specialty vehicles. I have found it helps to call the day before and see what they have. (I like to request a CTS.) All that being said, I have never asked for a specialty car.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff

You have to book a midsize to be eligible for an upgrade, that's in the T&C.

But only upgraded up to intermediate obviously makes no sense.

I've assumed that a Corvette would not be eligible for CHM upgrade, just as Volvo and Hummer are not.
Sorry, I meant from intermediate to a luxury.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.