Wiki Posts
Search

Funnny Caddy STS story

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:07 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

Funnny Caddy STS story

Got an STS at LAX on Wednesday. It had the keyless push button starter. Someone had programed the starter so that every time the car started the display on the dash read...

"This Car Suc#s!" (Replace the # obviously). Wonder how they did that?

No it really was not me.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
May I ask what group/class the STS is?

Also, did it s*ck?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:22 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

According to this, it's XW, 4 dr specialty.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by auh2o
Got an STS at LAX on Wednesday. It had the keyless push button starter. Someone had programed the starter so that every time the car started the display on the dash read...

"This Car Suc#s!" (Replace the # obviously). Wonder how they did that?

Wow! It makes me wants to rent an STS at LAX so I could program it to read "Come to (my city name here) and stay at (my hotel's name here)!" I am going to the GM website next to find out how many characters are allowed in the display

Could I then take the car as a write-off for "advertising and promotion" which is less closely scrutinized by the IRS than travel expenses on my 1065?

I own a hotel in a tourist destination, but since I would not use this forum for shameless self-promotion in violation of the T&C's, I have not included the city or name.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Do all stations have STS's now - or is it hard to find? If so I'm going to change my CHM profile to request STS's!!!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Insiderdude, you would be very lucky for that to happen in my experience. I just completed a paid rental where I booked a DTS (H) and requested a upgrade to a STS and was told at the station that it would only happen if I wished to pay for it. When calling to the CHM Desk was told that STS isn't a upgrade vehicle and only happens on a station by station basis (at managers discrestion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.