Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consecutive days, separate rentals?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Question Consecutive days, separate rentals?

This relates to the current Delta miles bonus, but it's not finding the expertise over on the DL board where it was moved, and it has broader application...

VERY stupid question: If I book three rentals for consecutive days out of LAX ... and take out a car, return it; take out the second on the second day, return it; take out the third on the third day, return it ...will it count as three separate rentals? I'm assuming that, to keep this and this question clean, I need to do this so they don't overlap. But as an additional question, would overlapping matter?

I know it doesn't count as three stays if we do the analogy at a hotel. Everybody knows the answer to this because it's come up a thousand times, but will someone please indulge me? (For me it's imminent, if at all.)

Thank you.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Have done 1+1 and 2+1+2 day rentals, at a single location, on occasions when I wanted a 'specialty vehicle' (ie, jeep) for one day out of X, or to game some promo .. showed up correctly as individual contracts. ^ (Caveat: with National)

How the Avis/DL promo terms might apply, can't say.
/.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firewind
This relates to the current Delta miles bonus, but it's not finding the expertise over on the DL board where it was moved, and it has broader application...

VERY stupid question: If I book three rentals for consecutive days out of LAX ... and take out a car, return it; take out the second on the second day, return it; take out the third on the third day, return it ...will it count as three separate rentals? I'm assuming that, to keep this and this question clean, I need to do this so they don't overlap. But as an additional question, would overlapping matter?

I know it doesn't count as three stays if we do the analogy at a hotel. Everybody knows the answer to this because it's come up a thousand times, but will someone please indulge me? (For me it's imminent, if at all.)

Thank you.
If you have three separate rental contracts and invoices you have three separate rentals.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:35 am

three contracts, three rentals.

period.

I know of many people who do this. Location doesnt matter, waiting period between rentals doesnt matter. its three rentals.

Originally Posted by Firewind

Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:06 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I've done piggyback rentals like this before when I have a personal/business combination and want separate receipts.

What I usually do is drive to the airport, but not the Avis return line, and walk in to the Avis counter. Give them the contract and ask them to close it out, and open your new rental with the same car. I haven't had a problem doing this... it saves them from cleaning the car and you from moving your luggage. However, I only do this when the car I get the first time is decent.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Thank you. Worked for me over this weekend.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I've done piggyback rentals like this before when I have a personal/business combination and want separate receipts.

What I usually do is drive to the airport, but not the Avis return line, and walk in to the Avis counter. Give them the contract and ask them to close it out, and open your new rental with the same car. I haven't had a problem doing this... it saves them from cleaning the car and you from moving your luggage. However, I only do this when the car I get the first time is decent.
I've done this exact same scenario with the same results. It's not a problem.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I do this all the time. Rent from the airport and take the hit on all the fees, drive to a non-airport location the following day and return my car, then pick up another one from the same downtown location without the airport fees. It's often cheaper and more convenient to do this than to take a cab downtown. It shows up as two rentals.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
I do this all the time. Rent from the airport and take the hit on all the fees, drive to a non-airport location the following day and return my car, then pick up another one from the same downtown location without the airport fees. It's often cheaper and more convenient to do this than to take a cab downtown. It shows up as two rentals.
I like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.